New to this

RyderDale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi Ryder!    Welcome to SL.

You can rez objects in sandboxes (use Search to find one) or on land that you own or land where you have been given permission to create objects.  When you rent land, you are usually invited to join a group managed by the landowner, thus giving you that permission as well as permission to change the music stream on your parcel and (sometimes) a few other things.  If you have not been invited to join yet, contact your landlord and introduce yourself.  As a landowner myself, I know that the rental box doesn't always catch my attention with an immediate message when a new renter appears, so I don't necessarily know to invite her.

For good information about all sorts of things that are probably puzzling you, start reading articles in the Knowledge Base (tab at the top of this page).  A lot of the basics are covered there.  You can also learn a lot from directed tutorials at help areas in world, like Caledon Oxbridge University, where they also have loads of free classes.  And, of course, you can come here to ask things that you can't figure out anywhere else.

3 hours ago, RyderDale said:

Hello I am new to SL is there a place that I can rez boxes like clothes or skins. The land I'm renting I can't drop my boxes

To add to what Rolig said, if your are in the group, sometimes the rentals require the group tag to be active in order to rez.  I know a few of the 60L rentals places are like that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.