Owned Property

MysteryMan11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I own two pieces of property right behind each other, the problem is that I think that it's showing things there using the prims but there isn't anything there at all. If I go to about land then under the objects tab I see

Simulator Primitive Useage 230 out of 1239 (1059 available)

Primitives Parcel Supports 937

Owned By Parcel 0

Set To Group 0

Owned By Others 14  (Show) (Return)

Selected / Set Upon 0

I called Linden Labs support today cause I thought maybe a reset would fix the problem cause to me it appears that there is items there or prims being used on the property but as I stated the property is bare. If I hit show nothing appears and then if I hit return it gives me notice that the items not belonging to me has been returned but that does no good either. So am I reading this wrong or does it indeed show prims being used on the property?

Land Prims.jpg

Do you think that joining the two together would solve the issue? I am saying this cause I checked the front property and it showed 14 also owned by others but it was one of my horses.

Linden Labs restarted the sim earlier today when I called about it. Like I say when I hit show and walk around the property to see if anything is highlighted I don't see anything that could be showing up at all. I have even tried to hoghlight transparent to see something on the land but it doesn't show anything either. Weird that it shows useage when nothings visible.

I have flown up and there isn't anything in the sky that I can see. I did hit show then return but it didn't make a difference of the count. Since this post I have joined the land but the 14 remains the same on the about land screen / objects. Only thing that has changed is that the numbers are spread out now according to parcel owner and what's dedded to group.

In the About Land panel, go to the Objects tab. Set the 0 number there to 1 or higher. The objects not owned by  you or by your group will return to their owners.

Someone probably has a skybox or invisible items up in the sky somewhere. They could be tiny bits of space junk or could be something someone put there on purpose. Either way this should solve it.

These 14 appear to be surviving auto-return, too, so this may be another manifestation or variant of SVC-6905.

I haven't noticed this problem on any of my land, but reports seem to be mounting about it. 

The scary part is that LL is pulling developers off sim maintenance -- adding to opportunity cost of Mesh.  Let's hope it will be worth it, and please god, soon.  With so many features stuck in the backlog, some artificially tied to Mesh deployment (e.g., 64m build limit), it's reminding me of the long feature drought while Viewer 2 was under development, giving feature-adding TPVs such a huge audience that Viewer 2 was nearly irrelevant when it finally arrived.  Have to hope the Mesh feature and maintenance hiatus isn't giving a similar edge to other grids.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.