Legacy Breathing?

sooby Mills

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi..

I tried the Legacy body demo and I noticed my avi seemed to be  *breathing*... Her chest seemed to be moving up and down..  I'm sure I had no AO on, And I was on a pose stand which doesn't have this..Can anyone tell me is this a feature of the body or not? Thank you in advance.

@Rolig Loon is exactly right. Just to make sure, I put on that demo in that no-scripts sandbox, and it "breathed" same as the classic, non-mesh avatar, so that must be the built-in breathing animation working on the mesh body. (That's in contrast to built-in facial expression morphs that don't affect mesh heads. That's to be expected, actually, because of the difference between anims and morphs.)

That said, the mesh body does have a whole host of scripted AO animations inside. Not sure if they're any good, but might be worth lifting them from the demo to see how they look. The Legacy demo vendor charged me a non-refunded L$1, so I feel I should get something out of the deal.

• Like 2

The question ALSO  is -- how do these built in animations work with AOs and other animations and poses. Any pose or animation "can "breathe" fairly easily (or by mistake when you are learning). If the animations included are saved in a high priority then they might override the poses and animation that folks want to use.  The Legacy Hud might have a way to turn them off (hopefully).

Not a fan so don't care personally. Long memory :D.    

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

The question ALSO  is -- how do these built in animations work with AOs and other animations and poses.

It's my understanding that the small subset of animations in that table I presented in my last post are not "internal animations" but "viewer-generated motions" that are hard-coded into the viewer.  They cannot be replaced or overridden, so it doesn't matter what priority they have.  I'm not even sure that priority is a relevant concept with those.  It's possible that some friendly Linden (like @Rider Linden, maybe?) could verify that.

24 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It's my understanding that the small subset of animations in that table I presented in my last post are not "internal animations" but "viewer-generated motions" that are hard-coded into the viewer.  They cannot be replaced or overridden, so it doesn't matter what priority they have.  I'm not even sure that priority is a relevant concept with those.  It's possible that some friendly Linden (like @Rider Linden, maybe?) could verify that.

OK I was wondering about the default animations in the viewer BUT BUT BUT LOL -- things  in that list above like head and torso rotation to follow look CAN be negated. (I have had that turned off in Firestorm for many years). And I have no "body roll during flight".  So I guess I am not understanding what you area saying.  All you need to do when making an animation to "stop" the underlying default ones is to have keyframe(s) that change the default from 0 to something else for that bone or bones.  Then your animation overrides the defaults.    This is one of the first things new animators come up against and wonder why there POSE isn't really static. It is because they have left some bone info as default and not defined. 

Back in the day LAP poses sometimes had two versions, one with static head (like most are now) and a free head one that used the underlying animations. 

So maybe I am just confused - or have no idea what I am talking about.  

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling and adding info

16 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

OK I was wondering about the default animations in the viewer BUT BUT BUT LOL -- things  in that list above like head and torso rotation to follow look CAN be negated. (I have had that turned off in Firestorm for many years). And I have no "body roll during flight".  So I guess I am not understanding what you area saying.  All you need to do when making an animation to "stop" the underlying default ones is to have keyframe(s) that change the default from 0 to something else for that bone or bones.  Then your animation overrides the defaults.    This is one of the first things new animators come up against and wonder why there POSE isn't really static. It is because they have left some bone info as default and not defined. 

Back in the day LAP poses sometimes had two versions, one with static head (like most are now) and a free head one that used the underlying animations. 

The OP was talking about the Legacy body "breathing" with the demo.  Rolig was explaining that our default avatars have basic movement viewer side which was probably what the OP was seeing.

Legacy, itself, had no breathing animation built in.

Edited by RowanMinx

11 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I'm sure we both are, which is why it would be nice to have a Linden voice to clarify things. :)  My guess -- purely a guess -- is that you have been able to turn off some of those viewer-generated motions in Firestorm because the Firestorm developers have added that capability in their viewer.  What I was saying is that there's no way that you can override or replace them with an AO.  An AO manipulates animations with LSL scripting, which cannot modify the viewer's own coding.

3 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I'm sure we both are, which is why it would be nice to have a Linden voice to clarify things. :)  My guess -- purely a guess -- is that you have been able to turn off some of those viewer-generated motions in Firestorm because the Firestorm developers have added that capability in their viewer.  What I was saying is that there's no way that you can override or replace them with an AO.  An AO manipulates animations with LSL scripting, which cannot modify the viewer's own coding.

BUT. I can make a pose or an animation that will run and override head movement and turning and likely most of the things that "seem" to be in the list.   So yes, some clarification would be good -- although the LL devs might not know what the Legacy folks are doing -- or trying to do. We are SUCH curious folks. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1320 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.