No viewer to view

luminye Onizuka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Can anyone assist me? I downloaded or updated the SL viewer, unfortunately it reads like its going to load but doesnt. As soon as the detecting hardware, initializing shows nothing else pops up, not even the viewer. I checked firewall, I dont see how its blocking something from it that couldnt get through before?

• Like 1

21 answers to this question

On 9/11/2020 at 6:27 AM, Rolig Loon said:

@ZhaneAdonis Do not log in.  Just do as Lindal and Alwin asked. Open the login screen, look in the upper left corner, and click Help >>> About Second Life.  Click the button there that will save the full information display, and then come back here and paste the display into a message in this thread.

5d708acc8e4f9e62d6e5e8b67c96cc3a.png

That's the Issue I am having that; screen does not appear when I click on the application 

1 hour ago, ZhaneAdonis said:

That's the Issue I am having that; screen does not appear when I click on the application 

Then you have not installed a Second Life viewer.  There could be any number of possible reasons:

1. You downloaded your viewer from an unauthorized site instead of https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/ or a legitimate third-party site >> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

2.  You installed a version intended to run on another operating system (a Mac version on your PC, maybe?)

3.  You're using a Mac and have run into Apple's validation system, which can prevent loading.  See https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000157063-troubleshooting-second-life-installation-on-mac-os-x  

4. You are trying to run a SL viewer on a computer that does not meet the minimum requirements for running it >>> https://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

You're using a Mac and have run into Apple's validation system, which can prevent loading.  See https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000157063-troubleshooting-second-life-installation-on-mac-os-x  

Why can't Linden Lab get a validation signature from Apple? It's not IOS, where Apple wants a 30% cut of revenue.

Just now, animats said:

Why can't Linden Lab get a validation signature from Apple? It's not IOS, where Apple wants a 30% cut of revenue.

I have no idea.  Not being a Mac user, I don't have to worry about it myself.  I'm only aware of the problem because it does pop up to bite Mac users every once in a while.  It's annoying, but the workaround is very simple.  I'm sure that a permanent fix is on the developers' ToDo list somewhere.

1 hour ago, animats said:

We're working on it. We only recently got our tools updated sufficiently to do so (some part of the most recent Xcode is needed).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

What video card do you have? There have been people using RTX 2000 cards experiencing similar problems. I think the solution is disable your PC's onboard graphics or something like that.

I do have a RTX 2070 could be because of the recent update cause before it was working fine.........and will that effect the graphics in general of my PC?

To be clear, the issue is that if you have an Intel graphics chip on your motherboard, your system will default to that chip unless you tell it explicitly not to.  If you open the NVidia control panel in your computer, you'll find a place where you can tell the system to default to your graphics card instead of the motherboard chip.  You probably did that when the card was installed (or whoever set up the system did it for you), but a recent OS upgrade has reset the default.

I am getting an error 126, but my viewer log in screen doesnt pop up, I thought my firewall was the problem, but it is not. This all happened with the new update viewer they had us install. I had no problems with my viewer prior. 

I am using intel core i7-6700 cpu 3.40

amd radeon r9 370

intel hd graphics 510

Edited by luminye Onizuka

1 minute ago, luminye Onizuka said:

I am getting an error 126, but my viewer log in screen doesnt pop up, I thought my firewall was the problem, but it is not. This all happened with the new update viewer they had us install. I had no problems with my viewer prior. 

At what point in the process of running the viewer are you getting an "error 126", and more importantly which viewer are you using?  Have you tried using a different viewer (either the LL viewer if you are currently using a 3rd party viewer, or if you were using the LL viewer, try a 3rd party viewer like Firestorm or Kokua) ? 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.