Land noob question

chaosonthegrid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently bought some land for the first time (on an alt account). It's the first time I have actually bought land so I was expecting a few problems. This is the first one I've come across, hope I'm explaining this properly.

- The land is bought, from LL auctions, not rented.

- Once my alt bought it they set it to a group and added me as co-owner of the group.

- Then went though and ticked all the boxes, every single one.

But I can't edit terrain and they can. What obvious thing I'm gonna kick myself over am I missing?

• Like 2

I had same recently. Now it is my understanding that if the land owned by an alt and you want to edit terrain on your main, you need to open edit terrain to everyone and ofc close as soon you done.

I can be wrong though. Would love that even.

Edited by iBrat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaosonthegrid said:

But I can't edit terrain and they can. What obvious thing I'm gonna kick myself over am I missing?

Two possible explanations. The simple one is that you didn't relog after you have set yourself up as group owner. Changes in group roles don't always take before you've done that.

A more plausible explanation is that you didn't deed the land to the group, onnly set it.

It's a two step process, first you click on the "Set" button and then the "Deed" button below it. Easy to miss that second step.

5 minutes ago, iBrat said:

Now it is my understanding that if the land owned by an alt and you want to edit terrain on your main, you need to open edit terrain to everyone and ofc close as soon you done.

No, that's not neceessary. Once you've deeded the land to a group all group owners and other group members with roles that allow terrain editing can do it jsut fine.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

Two possible explanations. The simple one is that you didn't relog after you have set yourself up as group owner. Changes in group roles don't always take before you've done that.

A more plausible explanation is that you didn't deed the land to the group, onnly set it.

It's a two step process, first you click on the "Set" button and then the "Deed" button below it. Easy to miss that second step.

No, that's not neceessary. Once you've deeded the land to a group all group owners and other group members with roles that allow terrain editing can do it jsut fine.

Awesome. Thanks. Lifesaving ♥

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.