buying land at aution for a group

hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I asked the question in the mainland forum, but I'm thinking it may be belong here better...

If I buy land though an auction, is it possible to buy it for a group (to make use of donated land allowance). If not, will I be charged land fee for the few minutes I will hold the land (the parcel size is greater than my land allowance) before I transfer it to the group (as I'm assuming is possible - am I right?)

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

@hippopotomonstrosesquipedalian You can only place a bid with an sl account so to buy land for your group via auction:

1. Place a bid using your chosen sl account.

2. To avoid paying extra fees, make sure that account has enough tier available to cover the land you are bidding on. For the tier to be available, it cannot be already donated to a group. For example, if you have 1024 sqm tier and that tier is currently donated to a group, make sure you go into the group profile and remove your donation before the auction ends. If you leave it in the group and you win the auction, you will instantly move into the next tier and be charged at your new tier level for the month.

3. After winning the auction, deed the land to the group along with your tier donation.

ETA: Woops sorry I realized I didn't quite answer you. If the land is bigger than your land allowance, I don't think there's any way around avoiding a fee (that I know of). Holding the extra land even for a second automatically bumps you into a higher tier level.

Edited by AdminGirl
  • Like 2

No, you can only bid on auctions as an individual, although you can deed the land to a group once you've got it.

If you have donated tier to the group you want to deed it to, can you reduce your tier donation in order to have enough spare tier to cover the increased land ownership?  If so, you can bid in the auction, win the auction, and then deed the land to the group, at the same time donating the tier back to the group.

Great, thank you @AdminGirl and @Lindal Kidd - both your answers helped a lot.

I don't think there is any way I'll avoid paying for the increased tier, since the parcel I'm looking at is greater than the individual 1024 allowance, but I might try and use an account that has the full allowance (the original account I was planning to use has a camper, and zero intention of giving it up - I love the location too much!)

Anyway, thank you both for your replies.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.