Petite mods and clothes

Scorpiiar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm just starting off in SL, and also just starting off in getting my head around all the options for bodies and heads - I had no idea there were so many! I want a petite avatar - not adolescent, just petite, and I've noticed a few of the big brands have petite mods for some of their bodies. I wasn't sure though - if you get (for example) a slink physique hourglass body, does the petite mod make a mess of the clothes that you'd buy for the normal physique HG? I was searching for stuff like that in here, and saw someone saying that some clothes for the Maitreya with their petite add-on didn't quite look right. 

Much as I'd like to have a petite AV, I also don't want an AV shape that means I can't buy any clothes!

• Like 1

As for the petite add on for Maitreya you should be aware that it has nothing to do with the height of the avatar, it give the avatar a smaller breast size. If you are looking for a short but busty avatar this isn't what you want. I think you can adjust most any body down to be short. If the smaller breast size is what you want, then yes the clothing is not interchangeable between the two, however clothing is available and more is becoming available all the time. As a new person you do not already have a vast inventory of things that don't fit. You can start right from the start getting the right clothes to fit your avi.

• Like 2

There are an abundance of mesh bodies in SL, but not a lot of them for people who want petite avies (from my experience)

I think Slink Petite needs clothes rigged specifically for it, not for Hourglass. And support for it is quite low.

Maitreya petite is an add-on that, like Talligurl said, just changes your breast shape from the default maitreya one. If you're okay with not being petite 24/7, you could use maitreya with the petite add-on because clothing support for regular maitreya is very good. Petite requires clothing specifically rigged for it and it is gaining some support but not a lot.

If you want to be petite 24/7 and if you can afford it, try going for Legacy Perky. It has a lot more clothing support for it than Maitreya petite and I think it works with clothing rigged specifically for it as well as clothing for the regular Legacy body.

And as with every purchase in SL, always demo. I've seen some clothing claiming to be rigged for petite not fitting well when demo'd.

Edited by SassySam87
  • Like 1

Slink does have a Physique Petite (also known as Original) and the Hourglass Petite.  You do need to wear the right petite clothing for your petite body.  

I would follow the advice of posters above when they say "demo demo demo".  

I also advise checking out the Itty Bitty event which opens on the 9th and is specifically aimed towards the petite body options.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Scorpiiar said:

Thanks for the replies everyone! I'll definitely check out the Itty Bitty event, and will also try out the demo of the Legacy Perky - it's not exactly cheap, but if I end up liking it a lot... 

Legacy is or has already, released a petite add on for perky.  Again, only for smaller breasts but free for current perky owners.

• Like 1

From my experience, the support for Maitreya Petite is getting better. I see some creators who have historically specialized in one or two sizes branching out for it which I think speaks to it's popularity ( for example Erratic and Dead Doll). And I expect that it will continue to get better as the development kit is given to more designers.  I personally use Legacy Perky most of the time because I prefer the shape of it in general, and while I have plenty of options for clothes, I've seen some brands who have offered Perky options in the past  decide to support  Maitreya Petite instead. I get it though, rigging is no joke, and can take a really long time. Thankfully, the rigging for legacy tops has gotten better in general so I can get away with wearing normal Legacy on Perky as long as it's not skin tight clothing. As the others have said, always demo. Even if its a trusted brand, each rigging will be different. If you are looking for clothes that specifically fit any of these bodies, I would recommend checking out Flickr instead of searching MP for them at least initially. It sometimes takes a while for designers to get around to updating their listings, and since these new fits are very new in the grand scheme, you will be able to see more of what is offered there and where to find it (inworld mainstore, MP, or an event).

Edited by Laurel Aurelia
I'm still a mess.
  • Like 4

It's a shame there seems to be less support for the Slinky Physique - you can actually give it a pretty petite profile on its own, and miracle of miracles, it's smallest bum size is actually pretty small! The Slinky hourglass less so, but I can't really complain about that when it's in the name. SL avatars really have gone all out on big bums, haven't they?

Edited by Scorpiiar

4 minutes ago, Scorpiiar said:

It's a shame there seems to be less support for the Slinky Physique - you can actually give it a pretty petite profile on its own, and miracle of miracles, it's smallest bum size is actually pretty small! The Slinky hourglass less so, but I can't really complain about that when it's in the name. SL avatars really have gone all out on big bums, haven't they?

There's another body you might want to take a look at- the Tonic Fine Beauty. It has a fair amount of support (mostly from template users, but there are a couple of stores that specialize in it as well.) It's a little bit less expensive than the big names and it's pretty flexible as far as looks go.

• Like 1

No one has mentioned it, but Skin has a lot to do with the apparent breast size.

With Slink's Redux Original you can adjust to a small height and breast size, they will never be as small as Petite, but you may get what you want. With a Petite skin the breasts can look small and non-petite clothes would still fit.

Whether you can get a combination you like... do the demos.

The Redux Hourglass body is supposed to have large breasts. So... trying for small ones with Hourglass isn't likely to give you want you want.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.