Voice being weird

ItHadToComeToThis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Usually when I have both headphones in I can hear voice pretty evenly from everyone even if they are stood behind me further away. Today however, if I turn my back on people I can't hear them yet I have both headphones in. I have checked my sound balance settings on my computer and they are fine and I can't find any option in the viewer. I am positive there was an option in the viewer to do with hearing sound equally around you, or am I tripping this?. 

You got the options hear from Camera or Avatar position at least in Firestorm. Did you by chance set it to Camera position?

Some days though I find voice not working very well, being in Europe I would say the latency (177 ms) can be a problem.

On 9/6/2020 at 11:18 PM, ItHadToComeToThis said:

I am positive there was an option in the viewer to do with hearing sound equally around you, or am I tripping this?. 

That specific option was removed from the viewer some time ago. It is said that the Vivox specifications only lists 2 positions. This, notwithstanding many users found the option worked as described. See explanation here   "Hear voice from everyone equally" functions as "from Avatar position"

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1315 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.