You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, CristalxG said:

Hey I just started out on SL and I'm looking for a decent in game job with good pay, if I don't find a job then there is no point in playing SL for me.

There's a forum area designed for people looking for job and people hiring.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/312-inworld-employment/

1 hour ago, CristalxG said:

Hey I just started out on SL and I'm looking for a decent in game job with good pay, if I don't find a job then there is no point in playing SL for me.

when you post in the right place, please tell as much possible about whát you look for, and your skills.
If you have no SL skills, the good pay job will be a few steps to fast.

57 minutes ago, CristalxG said:

I'm looking for a decent in game job with good pay

"Good pay" is a subjective value.  Don't expect to get rich, though.  There's not much need for traditional jobs in SL, except for show.  For example, you can get unskilled work as a dancer, for which you will typically earn tips.  The best ways to earn L$ are with skilled work as a creator (a scripter, builder, animator, ..) or a performer ( a musician or a DJ ), but those require a fair level of skill in RL and often an outlay for necessary software or other tools.  Most shop owners are also creators.  You can also earn some L$ as a landowner, either by managing rental property or by buying and selling real estate.  That takes a good initial investment and can be time-consuming.  

No matter what sort of work you do in SL, you will probably be most successful if you have been in world long enough to understand its culture and have a good grasp of basic skills.  Most newbies don't.  With the exception of a few very successful entrepreneurs and creators, most people in SL make little more than pocket change -- enough to buy clothing and pay rent but rarely enough to be worth converting to $$ and taking back to RL.  We work for the fun of it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1321 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.