You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

this one is really impressive... great shot.

I wonder how did you do

You mean the blurry figure?

There are a couple of ways one could do it, but in this case, I took two pics, one with and one without avatar. Then I superimposed them in Photoshop, "cut out" the figure of the avatar, and used motion blur on it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You mean the blurry figure?

There are a couple of ways one could do it, but in this case, I took two pics, one with and one without avatar. Then I superimposed them in Photoshop, "cut out" the figure of the avatar, and used motion blur on it.

I don't know why but I thought you had made it in sl not with PS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 1:31 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The Cage

That is a very good one. The dark atmosphere, the loneliness. Well, I would add a twist. For example a body laying on the ground. Only the legs visible, the upper part hidden in the shadow. Or a tentakel of something thats hidden. In mean in the shadow on the right side.  Or something else weird. That gives the shadow a function and lets the viewer think "God, what's going on there?" lol Just fantasies. Again, good job. 🙂

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/4/2021 at 5:38 AM, Doc Carling said:

That is a very good one. The dark atmosphere, the loneliness. Well, I would add a twist. For example a body laying on the ground. Only the legs visible, the upper part hidden in the shadow. Or a tentakel of something thats hidden. In mean in the shadow on the right side.  Or something else weird. That gives the shadow a function and lets the viewer think "God, what's going on there?" lol Just fantasies. Again, good job. 🙂

Thanks!

In this instance (and actually, in most instances, because horror isn't really my thing, personally), I was trying to capture the claustrophobia of everyday life -- cubicles, 9-5 wage slavery, work stations -- and its accentuation under the pandemic (face masks, isolation and quarantine, etc.). So, a "horror," or feeling of entrapment, with which most of us can immediately identify without resort of fantasy. It some ways, it's all the more horrifying for being pretty banal and every day.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 869 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.