Using Area Search in a store, and found a mispriced item..

petepetepete

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, petepetepete said:

Is their anything against TOS to buy it? Like will one get banned from SL?

Or it's the store's fault for leaving it around and not correcting the issue?

Why do you think it is mispriced?

Edited by RowanMinx

1 minute ago, petepetepete said:

I'm also curious as to how you know it's a mispriced item? 

You mentioned that you were using area search, so first, I would double-check to make sure that the item is in the general public area of the store where it could be found without using area search (unless it's a hunt gift which are generally hidden).  If it's in the publicly accessible area of the store, or a hunt gift hidden in the store, I would think it would be OK to attempt to purchase it.  

1 minute ago, petepetepete said:

I think it's mispriced as it's supposed to be 200Ls and it's marked 2L. It's a color pack for a hair.

In that case, given what it is and without any notices indicating a special or sale, I would first contact the creator to let them know.   That case does sound like a mistake on their part.

• Like 1

As a creator that sometimes makes errors LOL  I would suspect that the owner would want to know. So first, being an honest person, I would send a notecard (unless their profile says to IM) and explain what you found. This of course if it WAS really out for sale on the floor and not in a place where things were getting made.   It it was "me" I would say thank you and give you the product for free.    

You have to decide what to do.  Most likely the creator will never notice the sale. Then again, it is your conscious and is that worth 80 cents US or so?  Hopefully not :D.

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, petepetepete said:

It's the store's responsibility.

I can only speak for myself here of course but if somebody finds a mispriced item in one of my stores, they're welcome to buy it. If they buy it and then tell me about the issue, I'll probably give them a little thank you gift too.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 4

That sounds like a genuine error on the store's part. They would probably appreciate you letting them know but you would not get banned from SL if you bought it.

I once picked up a hair demo that still had Modify permissions enabled (meaning that it was easy to remove the "Demo" sign") Again it was an obvious error so I let the store know and they gave me my choice of free hairstyle by way of a thank-you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.