Profile questions

StaxQueen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello i have this question because my second life profile keeps erasing it's profile picture after a day or even less. I'm not sure how everyone else keeps their photo permanently but all i try doesnt' work because the next day the profile photo is gone again. I am now using firestorm so i wonder if anyone knows how i should do it correctly to keep it permanently in my profile!😊

11 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, StaxQueen said:

Hello i have this question because my second life profile keeps erasing it's profile picture after a day or even less. I'm not sure how everyone else keeps their photo permanently but all i try doesnt' work because the next day the profile photo is gone again. I am now using firestorm so i wonder if anyone knows how i should do it correctly to keep it permanently in my profile!😊

Are you updating the profile picture inworld or via the web?  Try the other way.

• Like 1

Well ive tried a photo i spent 10l$ in (which was in photo gallery and it honestly didnt work) and photos i got shared that also where 10l$ from them which were on my texture folder. i also tried my desktop photos which were free. i really don't know what im missing. xDD except doing it from the website but not sure how either.

7 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Also, are you uploading a picture (L$10), or using a local picture (free)?

If you are using a local texture, then not only will it be gone after you log out and log back in, it will also not be visible to others, they will just see a gray square.

so yeah.. i dont really think im understanding what is right to do. i have a web pfp now which is blurry lol but it doesnt make a change in world. so i can try a photo from my desktop again but it'll 99% be the same result xD 

51 minutes ago, StaxQueen said:

Hello i have this question because my second life profile keeps erasing it's profile picture after a day or even less. ... the next day the profile photo is gone again

the web profile editor in the viewer has always been a bit wonky.  Sometimes stuff sticks when we Save, sometimes it doesn't even when it says it has updated. I don't know anything about the Linden servers, but I think that it has do with the server side cache

typically what happens when we save then it gets saved to a cache on the web server. From where the data server picks it up and saves it permanently to its data store. And it is usually in this where our stuff can get lost

when I find my own web profile not updating on save then I usually try to do it from a different region, hoping that it might somehow result in a better connection to the web server (somehow)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mollymews said:

the web profile editor in the viewer has always been a bit wonky.  Sometimes stuff sticks when we Save, sometimes it doesn't even when it says it has updated. I don't know anything about the Linden servers, but I think that it has do with the server side cache

typically what happens when we save then it gets saved to a cache on the web server. From where the data server picks it up and saves it permanently to its data store. And it is usually in this where our stuff can get lost

when I find my own web profile not updating on save then I usually try to do it from a different region, hoping that it might somehow result in a better connection to the web server (somehow)

Thank you very much ill try that too incase !

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Samishe Darkwatch said:

How to find out the date of birth entered during registration?  

If its your date of birth you should know that.  If its somebody elses date of birth you cant find that out.  If you mean avatar date of birth/account creation date, its in everyones profile.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Samishe Darkwatch said:

not possible, but shouldn't matter a lot, if right it's your real one as required to use.
You can contact support if something isnt done right, but be ready to provide rl identification documents.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Samishe Darkwatch said:

Sorry, but if you don't remember what birth date you gave, then all you can do is contact LL via Support and admit that you lied. 

They will then require other stuff to prove the account is really you, likely including something that gives your true date of birth.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.