Should The Lindens & Moles Be Allowed to Receive Gifts from Residents?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have always given and received gifts, nothing wrong with that. I would avoid money, but there is nothing wrong with sending or receiving little presents in world. I have a friendship bear for example I like to give and I have quite a collection of friendship bears from several Lindens. Just got one from Wendi last week, it barely fits on my desk 😋

Both Lindens and Moles are doing a great job I think, I am very happy with their support. They are always willing to go an extra mile to help. Another way to gift them is to respond to the feedback form you usually receive whenever you interacted with a concierge. Give them a positive review, I am sure it will help them in some way and they will appreciate it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

I don't know if there's a policy about gifts, but I suspect that most moles would feel awkward getting them.  

I know for a fact they don't accept gifts. I've made a few meshes heavily based on classic old LL prim builds and a Mole once bought a few of them. That was a bit awkward for me even though I only charges a symbolic amount for those builds but she flatly refused to let me refund her Lindens.

Since Lindens are kind of the SL equal to a government employee (they create & enforce rules) I’d say no, that they ethically can not accept gifts.  A notecard of appreciation is totally different, tho.  No5 sure on a stance on Moles but likely they can’t receive gifts in that capacity, either.

• Thanks 1

I've sent gifts to Lindens before & they have always been totally cool with it.
Usually funny gifts like a mesh bottle of Xanax to the project manager when EEP was released  :D

Grumpity sent us all crowns for debugging BUG-139124 - The presence of certain Avatars stops local specular textures from "sticking". Yes really.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.5b68ee07fecc7ad5219d6bbdbf798102.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I haven't heard of a gift policy, but there might be one.  I should ask. Moles do get paid. and we have a lot of work to do.  As far as I am concerned, I just like to know that I am doing something that people enjoy, so a friendly note means a lot more than a gift. It actually feels fells a little funny to get a gift from someone I don't even know, but I do appreciate the kindness. 

• Like 6
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.