Marketplace Catagorys.

Ominora Squeegee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hidy guys. What is up with this, it is really makin me mad/sad. Some of my stuff got removed for not "being in the right catagory" well then all the other stuff that was simular to my stuff should be removed to. I looked up stuff like mine to make sure i had it in the right catagory.. :/ i put it in pet supplies, caz thats what it is. it dont have a special cata for cat beds or such..so why'd my stuff get booted? :(

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/51545

yup

same thing happend to me TWICE now.

Can't list my product anymore + i bought a week subscription for adverticement. (probably can kiss that money goodbye)

I feel pretty ripped off now..

cause i checked under what catagory others published a VERY similar product...

Really getting fed up with this...Trying to make a little bit of cash to pay my tier...

Ominora Squeegee wrote:

Some of my stuff got removed for not "being in the right catagory" well then all the other stuff that was simular to my stuff should be removed to.

Flag them then. LL staff don't check. They rely on users to use the flag system.

I looked up stuff like mine to make sure i had it in the right catagory.

That's not a good way of deciding on the category because it relies on other people putting things in the right categories, and LL doesn't check them.

i put it in pet supplies, caz thats what it is. it dont have a special cata for cat beds or such..so why'd my stuff get booted?
:(

It sounds like a bed for cats belongs in the pet supplies category, unless there's a more precise category that suits it. Have you queried the delisting. If not, you should.

No offence, but there is absolutely nothing about your 2 listings for beds that say anything at all about cats, pets or animals of any kind. They just look like regular beds and one even says "Twin beds" "Bunk beds" etc

How can you not see why LL says they are in the wrong category?

Phil Deakins wrote:

How did you see the listings if they were delisted?

I'm assuming the OP has others that haven't been delisted, like this one:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Omigawd-Bedroom-Set-OrangeBrown/2277442

To the OP:

As Peewee says, you can understand the confusion as it just says 'bedroom set' with no indication it is for cats.

I'd recommend you change the title to 'Bedroom Set for Cats' if thats what you want to sell it as. This will both help LL recognise what category it should be in and will also probably benefit you too as shoppers, at the moment, may think it's a human bedroom set and not a cat one! :)

However, there's another important point here too I think. I'm assuming 'pet supplies' is intended for supplies for prim animals. I'm not certain, but I'm guessing that your bedroom set is intended for furry avatars? In this case it perhaps becomes a bit more of a grey area, but I imagine it should actually be in the furniture category.

I must urge people very strongly to resist flagging similar items in similar categories just because someone flagged your item.

The other items may belong to the person who flagged you, but they also might not. 

If you start punishing everybody just to assure that the guilty party is among them, you'll just be making things worse. 

Moreover, if someone is sufficiently unethical to flag your items to eliminate you as competition, you're not much going to slow them down by flagging their items in addition to those of their other possible legitimate competitors.

If you feel entitled to fair competition, you should support fair competition. Joining the flagging game doesn't do that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.