How do I stop an ex "griefing" me?

MissMurderLamb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all so I unpartnered someoneone in sl I have all their alts that i know of blocked too but this person bought me some gifts when we where together (cheapies) and this person has gone to a redelivery terminal so I get spammed with the same stuff over and over and I really want them to stop as it wastes my time trying to delete them all and clutters my inventory :( anyhelp would be great! 

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, MissMurderLamb said:

redelivery terminal

i haven't tested it and I could be wrong but am pretty sure that if we block an inworld terminal then it won't send us stuff

edit add. actually this might be wrong when the terminal is just a web service interface which doesn't do the delivery itself

this said, what I do to stop unwanted stuff is to block the owner of the device that sends it to me. Then when I do need a legit delivery at my request from the owner then I unblock them

Edited by Mollymews
  • Like 3

You could set your preferences to not accept items automatically.  When you do this, you have to click Accept each time someone (or some store vendor) sends you something.  This would at least keep the unwanted gifts from cluttering up your inventory.  You could put yourself in Busy (Unavailable) mode.  When you do this, all offers are automatically rejected.  Be careful with that!  Things you WANT will also be rejected.

• Like 1

IIRC, blocking the gifter "should" prevent redelivery.

In my opinion, I don't think the gifter needs to have the ability to redeliver, only the giftee, which they already have.

I would file a feature request to ask that this be changed.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

I haven't dealt with a re-delivery system and gifts, Lucia...but from another recent thread, I believe it works the other way around, at least for the popular webpage-based systems.  Whoever bought the item, gift or not, has the ability to get re-deliveries and send them to the gift recipient, while gift recipients cannot use the system.  I agree that it should be changed.

9 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I haven't dealt with a re-delivery system and gifts, Lucia...but from another recent thread, I believe it works the other way around, at least for the popular webpage-based systems.  Whoever bought the item, gift or not, has the ability to get re-deliveries and send them to the gift recipient, while gift recipients cannot use the system.  I agree that it should be changed.

Both gifter and giftee currently have the option of redelivery.

You can use an alt to test this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1323 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.