Blender 2.90

Aquila Kytori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I downloaded the new Blender 2.90 this afternoon and one thing I noticed is that the vertex and triangle etc count are no longer visible by default in the lower Status Bar.

These can be displayed by right clicking over the  Status Bar and enabling Scene Statistics.

The same can now also be displayed in the 3D Editor by checking the Statistics option in the Viewport Overlays panel.

672446526_Wheretofindthescenestatistics-.thumb.png.32c11d42df090261e9f6f308eabd0c99.png

Edited by Aquila Kytori
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 6:10 AM, Namiuki said:

My last computer crashed before I could learn blender 2.7 so I recently got the 2.9 and absolutely lost. Lol,  I seem to cant find the older blender anywhere either 

learn it. it's better and I promise you that. at least try 2.80+ first and go from there

I noticed a fairly important bug on blender 2.9, i figured I would point it out.

When you have multiple objects that share the same mesh data, only one of them will show the editing outlines in edit mode with "in front" checked.

I worked blind for an entire day before realizing this was why >_>.

• Thanks 1

This Blender Page  reports the start of an LTS plan. https://code.blender.org/2020/05/long-term-support-pilot/

Plans may change, but if you want a stable UI this looks to be the way to go. The version released in May, each year, will get support for two years. So if you're writing how-to stuff for SL, or Blender plug-ins, they look a good target.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.