Linden Purchase Limit Question

BadNBouji

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

About 2-3 days ago after the first initial $50 I spent on Linden I then spent another $20 making it $70 in total charged. However I later wanted to spend an additional $100, but it said I would "exceed my monthly spending limit of $100 by $70". So I made another account to pay myself the $100 of linden. I had assumed I had a limit because I wasn't premium. And today I got premium and figured my limit went up, and when I was trying to pay to rent land, I needed to add more Linden to my account so I entered $150 worth of Linden on the in-game pop up menu, but it said I'd "exceed my DAILY spending limit of $100 by $50". So I lowered it down to $100 and it took me to the checkout in the browser, and it said I couldn't make the purchase now because I'd be "exceeding my MONTHLY $100 limit by $100". So now I'm confused as to what my limit is and if it's possible to up my spending limit??

Thank you for the help! 

3 answers to this question

During the first 30 days after the very first L$ purchase, the daily and monthly limits are relatively low.  They generally increase substantially after that first 30 days.  If you go to the screen on your dashboard where you purchase L$'s from, and scroll down just a little bit you will see your current daily and monthly Lindex sell and buy limit amounts. 

Generally, there is not a need for the average person to buy as many lindens within the first 30 days as you have been trying to purchase.  Part of the initial limit has to do, I think, with trying to make sure that new people are not spending their entire life savings during the time that they are also trying to figure out how SL works and what they want to do here, and partially, I think, to make it difficult for more nefarious actions such as money laundering or purchasing of large amounts of lindens with stolen credit cards. 

So it doesn't have anything to do with whether you have a premium account or not, but it based on your very first L$ purchase on an account. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

During the first 30 days after the very first L$ purchase, the daily and monthly limits are relatively low.  They generally increase substantially after that first 30 days.  If you go to the screen on your dashboard where you purchase L$'s from, and scroll down just a little bit you will see your current daily and monthly Lindex sell and buy limit amounts. 

Generally, there is not a need for the average person to buy as many lindens within the first 30 days as you have been trying to purchase.  Part of the initial limit has to do, I think, with trying to make sure that new people are not spending their entire life savings during the time that they are also trying to figure out how SL works and what they want to do here, and partially, I think, to make it difficult for more nefarious actions such as money laundering or purchasing of large amounts of lindens with stolen credit cards. 

So it doesn't have anything to do with whether you have a premium account or not, but it based on your very first L$ purchase on an account. 

Dang, alright. Thank you so much for your help and the clarification! :)

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.