I'm seeing a few different types of collars, from something called a Peanut No. 9 or something of the sort as well as Heartcore. From what I understand in reading the description, Heartcore collars are intended to be much more restrictive for the wearer, once an owner is assigned to it. And from what I've been told by another player, it's impossible or perhaps they just meant difficult for the wearer to remove anybody assigned to it as owners. Couldn't this be problematic if perhaps a submissive person found themselves an owner who suddenly stops signing in, for example? The idea sounds interesting but how would the wearer of a Heartcore collar go about removing inactive owners if that were ever the case? I imagine if RLV is required for a collar to work properly then you can easily just disable it and then remove the collar, so does detaching it from your avatar automatically restore the collar to default settings as well? Do you just have to delete the entire product and purchase it again if an owner stops signing in or it turns out to be a bad experience? I don't really get it and surely there is a backdoor or a method, which isn't explained anywhere from what I could find. You can apparently reset the scripts using the the official Second Life Viewer if you drop it to the floor and click to edit it, so I added a good friend to the collar and checked out this edit menu out of curiosity to see how it works, because the post I read was a few years old by now, and I didn't see anything of the sort. Fortunately, my friend who is also learning this stuff alongside of me is trusted and she removed herself afterwards.

13f9e4e6b14465dbd07355cef9e951c1.png.98fa5a0f8364bd96581e2eba66845b35.png

It just makes me wonder how many people actually researched the products they are purchasing before actually using them. A person like myself or my real, actual female friend, who has already been propositioned numerous times (no surprise there) who is still learning could easily meet somebody who wishes us to use such a collar and we might trust their expertise only to realize it was a bad idea because of all the features these things apparently have unless you've read the entire website first to familiarize yourself with what you may be getting yourself into. 

Edited by TornAsunder
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 2:27 PM, ChibiDragon007 said:

All of the collar systems require RLV to work. So all you have to do is disable RLV and you’re golden. 

The issue is wanting to reuse the same collar with a different owner, when you can't remove the old owner.

Edited by Bagnu
1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

The issue is wanting to reuse the same collar with a different owner, when you can't remove the old owner.

Personally, it would seem like reusing a wedding ring.  Even if you left your previous dominant on good terms, a new collar should be used.  Just my opinion for what it's worth.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

Personally, it would seem like reusing a wedding ring.  Even if you left your previous dominant on good terms, a new collar should be used.  Just my opinion for what it's worth.

I see your point. It's not always visible though.

1 minute ago, Bagnu said:

I see your point. It's not always visible though.

That wasn't my point.  If you got a divorce, would you wear that ring for your new marriage?  I don't know anyone who would.  Also, it's probably a good idea to make copies of your collar.  Always buy a copy mod collar so if you do decide to reuse it, no problem.  Just be sure to rename or add your dominates name to the description so you don't put on the one you just took off.  Then delete it.

• Like 1

Oddly enough, I am still very close with 2 past owners, even though the sexual aspect is gone. Only one am I not still close with. Really, it's been always about friendship and fun (except for that one time).

• 2 weeks later...

just reset the scripts. yes heartcore disables the runaway feature making it harder to escape from the current owner. but it doesnt use any sort of offline database to keep the owner. 

to ever remove the collar just disable rlv. which is not cheating unlike some may try and say it is. you will also need to disable rlv to reset the scripts in the collar too. 

but yes always keep copies of your collars. that way if anything goes wrong you can use the copy and get rid of the broken one.

there is even another way to get around that problem. just use the .settings notecard to add yourself as an owner then remove the other owner.

Never add someone as an owner on a collar until you are sure you can trust them. always add them to trusted first and keep them there until they prove they can be trusted enough to be moved to owner.

Never accept a random collar from anyone without first editing the collar to make sure it doesnt have a .settings nc where they have already set themselves as owner and preset certain restrictions on it. yes there are some people who will do this to trick and take advantage of people who dont know about that feature.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Drakonadrgora Darkfold said:

just reset the scripts. yes heartcore disables the runaway feature making it harder to escape from the current owner. but it doesnt use any sort of offline database to keep the owner. 

to ever remove the collar just disable rlv. which is not cheating unlike some may try and say it is. you will also need to disable rlv to reset the scripts in the collar too. 

but yes always keep copies of your collars. that way if anything goes wrong you can use the copy and get rid of the broken one.

there is even another way to get around that problem. just use the .settings notecard to add yourself as an owner then remove the other owner.

Never add someone as an owner on a collar until you are sure you can trust them. always add them to trusted first and keep them there until they prove they can be trusted enough to be moved to owner.

Never accept a random collar from anyone without first editing the collar to make sure it doesnt have a .settings nc where they have already set themselves as owner and preset certain restrictions on it. yes there are some people who will do this to trick and take advantage of people who dont know about that feature.

I bought the collar myself, and Talitha is my only owner.

Edited by Bagnu