Jump to content

What about an "Introduce yourself and your artistic work" sub-forum?


Doc Carling
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Jerk confirmed, after all. 😄

But most importantly: what's a MTFOX?

No idea but let me know since I just couldn't stand seeing his egocentric posts anymore.

ETA..oh, I didn't even noticed what the blocks said..nvm. ☺️

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

@Doc Carlingmaybe you could have started by introducing yourself and your art, and then inviting others to join in? Just a thought.

Hi, thanks for your response and your suggestion. But actually this thread is not about my person. It's about ideas how to make the from Art, Music and photography more attractive for posters. Right now perhaps a dozen people are frequently posting. I don't know, if my suggestion to have a sub-forum only for SL photography would help. It has doubtless pro and contras. Unfortunately it seems that my post attracted only the usual trolls (this is not meant to you.) Anyway,  if other photographers find the current situation ok, I accept that of course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Moondust Rowley said:

It could be that people who read the forums and take photographs are more focused on taking pictures of their avatar or of their homes, and so post in the picture threads in sub-forums more related to avatars or homes.  Others, I assume, find Flickr to be a better showcase. 

That is a good point. Avatars and homes could be for example also own sub-forums in a to build SL Photography forum. I think in general is the question, if it is more attractive to have all at a central place or the way it is right now - photography related places spreaded all over the community. As for flickr, I agree. Well, I have my own website. Since years I'm on flickr too. But forgot both, my username and password. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thing is there are so many sections in this forum and it's up to people to choose where they think their post fits most. And that can sometimes be confusing. Many new posters including me when I first posted start off with "sorry not sure if this is the right section to post in". Some subforums overlap with each other as well. All the existing picture threads could have fit in here in the art subforum. That's why I don't pay attention to which section of the forum I'm in anymore. I mean as long as there is art being posted somewhere, it doesn't really matter which part of the forum they're in IMO.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your replay. Please take this quote as answer. I guess you was in a hurry and had no time to read the original replay.

On 9/20/2020 at 7:38 PM, Doc Carling said:

But actually this thread is not about my person. It's about ideas how to make the from Art, Music and photography more attractive for posters. Right now perhaps a dozen people are frequently posting.

I understand an art forum as a place where creative people communicate about their work, share ideas and technics and respect each other.  I can't see that here. It' seems to be place where bored people can't wait to talk everything down just because it flutters their ego. Take this thread as example. How poisioned it is. They make fun of me, call me jerk and mock at me.

If you already mentioned my posts, yes, the feedback is not exactly overwhelming. Well, some said, the reason is because I post to get attention. And that's what people here don't like. Really? It's like people visit a museum or a gallery in real life with a blindfold on because they have an aversion for some artists which the gallery presents. Funny. 😃

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

Thing is there are so many sections in this forum and it's up to people to choose where they think their post fits most. And that can sometimes be confusing. Many new posters including me when I first posted start off with "sorry not sure if this is the right section to post in". Some subforums overlap with each other as well. All the existing picture threads could have fit in here in the art subforum. That's why I don't pay attention to which section of the forum I'm in anymore. I mean as long as there is art being posted somewhere, it doesn't really matter which part of the forum they're in IMO.

I fully agree. Everyone has different favors and imaganitions. Oh, I actually start also sometimes with "sorry, not sure..." Well, I interprete your reply that you like this forum as it is. Nothing wrong with that. I love the idea of a central art place. But let us be honest - no matter what we want - I'm afraid Linden doesn't care anyway. 😄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

I fully agree. Everyone has different favors and imaganitions. Oh, I actually start also sometimes with "sorry, not sure..." Well, I interprete your reply that you like this forum as it is. Nothing wrong with that. I love the idea of a central art place. But let us be honest - no matter what we want - I'm afraid Linden doesn't care anyway. 😄

I actually don't like the forum as it is for so many reasons but it's because I think the lindens wouldn't care that I have just accepted it as the way things are.

A central art place would be cool but would be hard to achieve now with so many existing picture threads already. But not impossible. If you have a cool idea, don't hold back even if it ends up being a short lived thread. I started one when I was new here for weird inworld sightings. It didn't last long.. I guess there isn't enough weirdness! But it was fun while it lasted :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, AdminGirl said:

A central art place would be cool but would be hard to achieve now with so many existing picture threads already. But not impossible. If you have a cool idea, don't hold back even if it ends up being a short lived thread. I started one when I was new here for weird inworld sightings. It didn't last long.. I guess there isn't enough weirdness! But it was fun while it lasted

They could move the My Avatar forum with a few clicks  under the Art category. I'm sure that would increase the number of visitors here. The Peoples forum where My Avatar is now, doesn't need that. It has enough places with good traffic. In general. I think Second Life is an amazing visual adventure. They should point out that more in my opinon with an own community part. Hope that makes sense. 😊 What thread did you post? Is it to read somewhere? I'm curious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

Thanks for your reply. Please take this quote as answer. I guess you was in a hurry and had no time to read the original replay.

I understand an art forum as a place where creative people communicate about their work, share ideas and technics and respect each other.  I can't see that here. It' seems to be place where bored people can't wait to talk everything down just because it flutters their ego. Take this thread as example. How poisioned it is. They make fun of me, call me jerk and mock at me.

If you already mentioned my posts, yes, the feedback is not exactly overwhelming. Well, some said, the reason is because I post to get attention. And that's what people here don't like. Really? It's like people visit a museum or a gallery in real life with a blindfold on because they have an aversion for some artists which the gallery presents. Funny. 😃

I would just like to point out that in my reply to you, I was not making fun of or mock you.  I simply responded to an earlier comment you made where you said the boards were dead because you didn't get responses/feedback to your posts and suggested maybe you should have done a "Look at my stuff" thread instead of a new one for every picture you do - which is what it seems to be you are doing.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry. Again you are quoting me wrong. I never said that the forum is dead because my pictures don't get response. And I never talked about "boards". No idea where you read that. It is pure fantasy. See below.  How often must I repeat that this thread is related to the general situation alone in the forum Art, Music, Photography and IN NO WAY related to my person?  This Art forum has just a few posts and low traffic. That is a matter of fact. So reason for this thread was that I thought there were perhaps more people which aren't satisfied with the situation and would like to change it.  And to start with something I asked if it could be interesting to have an "introduce yourself" forum here under Art, Music and Photography.  Not more than that.  Well,  normally people say, oh, yes. Or they say, oh no, please not. Incredible that this simple matter turned to such a drama.

 

On 9/3/2020 at 7:22 PM, Doc Carling said:

Anway, I just posted a simple suggestion and hoped that residents perhaps talk about the pro and contras. Ok. I read you contras. :) But in fact this forum is almost dead and could need some new ideas.

Edited by Doc Carling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/22/2020 at 4:02 AM, Doc Carling said:

They could move the My Avatar forum with a few clicks  under the Art category. I'm sure that would increase the number of visitors here. The Peoples forum where My Avatar is now, doesn't need that. It has enough places with good traffic. In general. I think Second Life is an amazing visual adventure. They should point out that more in my opinon with an own community part. Hope that makes sense. 😊 What thread did you post? Is it to read somewhere? I'm curious.

Yeah I totally understand what you're getting at. I also think it's a bit weird that this Art, Music & Photography subforum is under the Creation section. I guess technically our pictures and artwork are "creations" but it's not what generally comes to mind when we refer to creations.

This was the thread I created - my first one!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read the thread. Thank you. Verfy funny. 😊 Some of the described experienes sound familar. Well, I think they are all of the kind that ones says, weired, but ok. But I bet all us of had  also encounters which were really nasty  and ugly.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Doc Carling said:

I read the thread. Thank you. Verfy funny. 😊 Some of the described experienes sound familar. Well, I think they are all of the kind that ones says, weired, but ok. But I bet all us of had  also encounters which were really nasty  and ugly.

Lol yes the nasty and ugly is almost a guarantee!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...