What about an "Introduce yourself and your artistic work" sub-forum?

Doc Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, one would think a forum about art is the the right place for artists to introduce their work and themselves. But if you prefer to do it at random places in the community, your choice. :)

Edited by Doc Carling

My art has been introduced here already, as has others. Your OP was a bit vague as to whether you were talking about those residents who strive to distinguish themselves as artists within the community, or residents in general who are creative in various ways. You show up here in the forums and seem to think that you have this radical new idea that has never been thought of, but an introduce your art thread has been done. The problem is once the artists in the community are introduced the new posts stop, and the thread disappears. There are various ongoing picture threads which can be used to maintain awareness of one's art rather than continually starting let's introduce ourselves posts.

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 2

Well, you know I'm about 13 years in Second Life. While some residents use to spent much time in the forums and to post. Others like me prefer to communicate inworld. That explains the low number of my posts. :) Anway, I just posted a simple suggestion and hoped that residents perhaps talk about the pro and contras. Ok. I read you contras. :) But in fact this forum is almost dead and could need some new ideas. I doesn't think it's a way out to say, oh well, we must accept it and to advice people to post somewhere else.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not completely dead in this section of the forums -  we have "Landscape Photographs", "Portraits of Friendship", "Close up Portraits",  and "General Photography" which have all had some new posts in the last week or so, and those threads do get a lot of views, even if not a lot of postings.      

• Like 2

No it is not completely dead. The threads which you are mentioning are keeping it doubtless alive. But the replies there are invisible. Well, I have 2 posts at the moment. I bet if I post two or three more - and I have material enough to do that - many will think like ...woah, this guy must be greedy for attention. And that would be understandable. When only my name is to read and nobody else opens new threads. 

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, perhaps arts and entertainment instead of the current main forum. And art categories under it as sub-forums.  I say it again. this  forum ist almost dead. A handful posts per days, if at all. It's easily to see for everyone by checking the listing. That won't change by itself.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc Carling said:

Yes, perhaps arts and entertainment instead of the current main forum. And art categories under it as sub-forums.  I say it again. this  forum ist almost dead. A handful posts per days, if at all. It's easily to see for everyone by checking the listing. That won't change by itself.

Handful of posts per day, if at all?  Just because people choose not to respond to your threads doesn't mean the forums are dead.  I've noticed people do tend to avoid obvious attention seeking threads.

• Like 2

Sorry, I list your reply under totally pointless. :) I think yesterday the forum had zero posts. And the days before only a few. That means all other threads didn't get replies either. Apart from that. Of course I prefer to get feedback. What do you think why I and everyone else is posting? To enjoy the spirits in the sky?

33 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Sorry, I list your reply under totally pointless. :) I think yesterday the forum had zero posts. And the days before only a few. That means all other threads didn't get replies either. Apart from that. Of course I prefer to get feedback. What do you think why I and everyone else is posting? To enjoy the spirits in the sky?

Zero posts?   You obviously have no idea what you are talking about so I'll just leave you to your delusions.

Looks like lots of posts.  Just not on your threads.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/318-your-avatar/

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 1

Are you blind to see?  What is it in your opinion what happens here? A crowded place? Some people just post to attack because it is good for their ego. If they need that, no problem. Just go on. :)

Edited by Doc Carling

5 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Are you blind to see?  What is it in your opinion what happens here? A crowded place? Some people just post to attack because it is good for their ego. If they need that, no problem. Just go on. :)

Nope, not blind.  Just pointing out that you are wrong about zero posts.  Seems you are the one with the ego problem.  But do have a love!y day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowanMinx said:

Zero posts?   You obviously have no idea what you are talking about so I'll just leave you to your delusions.

Looks like lots of posts.  Just not on your threads.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/318-your-avatar/

I just noticed the link. Only a friendly reminder: This thread is related to the situation in the forum Art, Music and Photography. And not to the entire Community. :)

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Doc Carling said:

I just noticed the link. Only a friendly reminder: This thread is related to the situation in the forum Art, Music and Photography. And not to the entire Community. :)

Hence the use of the word subforum  You should be more clear.  This is in a subforum.

sub-forum (noun)
  1. a section of an online forum dedicated to a specific topic, typically one relating to that of the main forum

So this is actually a sub subforum.

Edited by RowanMinx

Whatever it is, Miss. It is dead. Your reply - the most actual post except this one - is from 9 hours ago. The second actual post in the listing is from 21 hours ago. And the third  one is from yesterday and the one before from thursday. Wow. One post per day. I'm sure,  the ones which visit this forum because they are seriously interested in SL photography are not happy about that.

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doc Carling said:

Whatever it is, Miss. It is dead. Your reply - the most actual post except this one - is from 9 hours ago. The second actual post in the listing is from 21 hours ago. And the third  one is from yesterday and the one before from thursday. Wow. One post per day. I'm sure,  the ones which visit this forum because they are seriously interested in SL photography are not happy about that.

Because people see it's YOUR thread and don't even bother. As I said to begin with, people avoid attention seeking threads.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

Because people see it's YOUR thread and don't even bother. As I said to begin with, people avoid attention seeking threads.  

That is really no problem. Thanks God i got yours. 😀

Edited by Doc Carling

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.