"The merchant has made this item unavailable for purchase."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 67 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to get an item from the Marketplace and when I try to get anything from a particular merchant, I get the error message seen in the title of this thread. From what I understand, this means I've been banned from buying anything from them. Thing is, though, I've never bought anything from them before, and I've never even talked to the merchant. Who knows anything about this?

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Rather than being a ban against you specifically, the merchant may have removed their items from the Marketplace.  Have you tried with an alt, or asked a friend if they see the same message?

I have asked others. They've done it just fine.

9 hours ago, JondiDitto said:

I'm trying to get an item from the Marketplace and when I try to get anything from a particular merchant, I get the error message seen in the title of this thread. From what I understand, this means I've been banned from buying anything from them. Thing is, though, I've never bought anything from them before, and I've never even talked to the merchant. Who knows anything about this?

If they have an inworld store, try to visit it.  You can also try sending the merchant an IM or notecard.  If you don't get a response it is possible the merchant has banned you - possibly accidentally while trying to ban someone else.  In that case, you could try using an alt or friend to check with the merchant about the ban.

On 9/1/2020 at 12:17 AM, JondiDitto said:

I just noticed this as well and realized the vendor had banned me for leaving a negative review oO. Is this a new feature? God forbid shoppers let other shoppers know a product is bad or not as advertised.

18 hours ago, Vengeance Villota said:

Is this a new feature?

fairly new yes.  Linden provided it so that Marketplace stores are consistent with parcel and group ban controls. Anyone can ban anyone else from accessing their stuff/property for any or no reason at all

You were banned by the shopkeeper. He doesn't even want to see you painted in gold! Just like Cat * a banned me for criticism. But as the world goes around, today who dominates the head market is another company! LOL
And please let us know if you have entered the store in the world! If the problem was solved. Thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 67 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.