Second Life Beta Viewer Keybinds

ItHadToComeToThis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have been playing around with the beta viewer for keybinding. Pretty cool and will probably appeal to some people. I don't know how much I would use it personally as I am pretty used to how SL functions and have no desire to start re mapping controls and messing up my workflow. I can maybe see the use of it from a accessibility point of view if it makes life easier for someone who is disabled. However, what I would REALLY prefer is some more mappable keys in LSL using llTakeControls. Even adding the shift key into the current mix would make such a difference. It would add....six new main controls....

Shift + Left Click, ML Left Click, Forward, Back, Pg Up, Pg Down etc

Do you think they will ever actually do this?. I feel LSL gets "some" love occasionally on some pretty cool new features BUT the old features seem to be left to fester and are not always brought up to date.

What are your thoughts?

3 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

I feel LSL gets "some" love occasionally on some pretty cool new features BUT the old features seem to be left to fester and are not always brought up to date.

Before LL wasted over 6 years and 8 digits of money on Sansar we used to get quarterly LSL function additions from Kelly and Andrew Linden.

Now it's only with major features or whatever senior staff desires and re-prioritizes.

Every year it's a new excuse. This year it's "We can't work on anything but going to CLOUD!".

LL shed 70+ employees between now and 2019 but will not hire ONE developer to work on evolving the LSL library.

ONLY senior staff get the right to work on script features.

It's like Star Trek where senior staff make up the majority of an away team, but no red shirts die, only get dragged through backend wonderland hell that the VP of Engineering is so fond of.

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.