• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Y'all sing along now: "This was a triumph..."  

I haven't played videogames for some time, after the heartbreak of Syberia 3 but I do have some old favourites to post.  Since Raglan Shire's Arrrgust theme ends in a couple of days this will be the f

The soundtrack of the game that, among other things, must have inspired Philip Rosedale to create Second Life:  

Nothing beats the soundtrack of The Sims Online for artistic quality and ability to listen on repeat for many times.

The Map 4 music is especially excellent.

Yes, The Sims Online displayed its "Game Over" sign for the last time on August 1, 2008, I was there! But Map 4 music lives on in our hearts. Also there is an indy version now called FreeSO to play but sadly they don't have any music.

• Like 1
On 9/4/2020 at 3:06 AM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

The soundtrack of the game that, among other things, must have inspired Philip Rosedale to create Second Life:

Myst was an impossible game to play. And I think Philip was inspired by "Snowcrash," not Myst, but the first welcome/orientation island the Lindens had seemed right out of Myst. It was impossible to get out of as you get banging your head on the Greek-style portico as you flew out Finally they changed it. PS Waterhead has that problem, I used to call it Headbangers' Ball.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...