The Game Music Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

One of the very few MMOs that I actually ever could get into it and say: "Yeah, I genuinely enjoy this and wish to get to know this world more". If you can get past the anime looking aesthetic (although I think this particular style looks great in the game), what lies within is a charming world based around Irish Mythology such as the tale of the Fomors.

I can't exactly describe the feeling this song gives me except I think it's the song that defined the game and became the overall main theme for me and I just feel like there's a guy standing somewhere reflecting upon life and the adventures he's had; it comes with the bitter-sweet feeling knowing the past is the past and we've had good times... and the guy's thinking about what's going on in current events.

Relatable...

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Considered this one of my theme-songs. Gotta say it; you'll find no other badass franchise in Nintendo. Seeing that Arwing launch from the Great Fox with that guitar blaring in the background; you knew you were in for a great time and that guitar solo; the guitarist is underrated I swear. David Wise: what a genius.

Another underatted gem. Assault did orchestra long before Super Mario Galaxy did and don't get me wrong; I'm not downplaying SMG by any means it's a great sound-track but Assault's speaks to me more (on a personal level).

Especially this one. Seeing the opening for the first time, as that track kicks in when everyone's getting ready to blast through the enemy fleet blew my mind (and still does). It's one of the greatest game openings IMO.

That moment at about 0:41 gets me so pumped up it says to me: "We've cracked the fleet, let's hit em' hard one last time and end this". My favourite part of the track by far.

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just had to make a double-post (sorry) beacuse I find this one game to be quite under-ratted. Everyone talks about Solid Snake and Sam Fisher but no one talks about Gabe Logan... and his feats. A true hidden badass.

Logan: "Anton Girdeux, I hope Rhoemer's paying you enough to die for him."

Girdeux: "Gabriel Logan, always the optimist. Look around, Logan. This hall contains a mosaic depicting the entire history of your country's wars and aggressions. WE are about to make an addition to it."

Logan: "I don't think so Girdeux. It ends here."

– Lian, I don't think this is an abandoned silo. There is an R-9 "Deviatka" sitting here ready to launch. Phagan WAS planning something big.

– Can you see the launch computer?

– It shows countdown in progress and the access codes I have won't let me in.

– Damn, you won't be able to stop it from launching! You have to get its self-destruct codes and detonate it when it reaches the atmosphere.

– Where do I find the codes?

– There's a panel on missile itself near its base. Get down to level 3 before it launches. Once it's launched you have to get to level 2 to trigger its detonation.

Lian: Gabe, I'm intercepting frantic calls from NATO Command, they're tracking the missiles launch. All European Commands are being ordered to DEFCON 3...if you don't get to the detonator on Level 2 in time...we're looking at World War 3...

(So pretty much, Gabe destroys a ICBM while it's in mid-flight preventing WWIII, and then takes on a armour wearing flamethrower wielding terrorist, engulfing him in a fireball making him extra crispy, and then takes on a Mi-24 Hind on FOOT ontop of a comms tower using a rifle and grenade launcher or whatever else to take it down. All of this makes him the 'man'.)

Oh and as a added bonus: 'Hitman'. Agent 47 is another unsung badass.

Edited by Simo Vodopan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know much about games or game music, except for Sonic, but I'm glad this thread got revived because I recently discovered this...and it is INCREDIBLE! It's from an '80s game but sounds like a really depressed Crystal Castles going full goth. That bit at 0.51 when the 'bass' comes in! 😵 And the last minute is so eerie and sad.

There is also a metal cover on YT but it's a bit meh IMO and doesn't sound anywhere near as spooky. Though if you prefer metal to chipcore, maybe you'll enjoy it?

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.