Will I get in trouble for putting this up...?

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

Only Americans would understand what it's about.  Some little local election or other in the Grate Again Nation, I think.

I find this comment amusing because in my, admittedly personal, experience it's the non-Americans who can't seem to stop talking about Trump and the upcoming election.  As an American, I find it all so tiresome.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Talon Brown said:

I find this comment amusing because in my, admittedly personal, experience it's the non-Americans who can't seem to stop talking about Trump and the upcoming election.  As an American, I find it all so tiresome.

What part of America do you live in?

19 hours ago, Talon Brown said:

Yes, and I do wish there was something other than how incredibly evil Mr Trump and Mr Putin are as a topic for the British Press/MeMeMeJa.  I am utterly sick of reading about things that I cannot influence, not having a vote in either Russia or the USA, despite only reading the headlines.  At least with the Covid scare-stories I can wear a mask and keep the drawbridge up.

7 hours ago, Anna Nova said:

Yes, and I do wish there was something other than how incredibly evil Mr Trump and Mr Putin are as a topic for the British Press/MeMeMeJa.  I am utterly sick of reading about things that I cannot influence, not having a vote in either Russia or the USA, despite only reading the headlines.  At least with the Covid scare-stories I can wear a mask and keep the drawbridge up.

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko

On 9/2/2020 at 10:21 PM, Rat Luv said:

Nobody showed up and the owner was offline so the DJ stopped after 20 minutes and I Zoomed my nan instead ☹️

next time try promoting it as a Vote Biden Election Support Rally - All Welcome! Special Gifts for card-carrying Democratic and Republican Supporters !! and post it in Events Calendar

might get a whole lot of people come. Some for the extra-curricular chat and other exciting happenings.  But whichever! You be able to say: Wow! thanks everyone for the traffics. See you all here again tomorrow! for more of the same! And please buy lots of stuff from our shopkeepers  before you go. And please also tip our fabulous DJ heaps when he plays the national anthem every 10 minutes ok!

😸   

• Haha 4

On 9/2/2020 at 11:21 AM, Rat Luv said:

Nobody showed up and the owner was offline so the DJ stopped after 20 minutes and I Zoomed my nan instead ☹️

Which was unprofessional of the DJ.

When you're engaged to perform you complete your set EVEN IF THE VENUE IS EMPTY AND THE STAFF AWOL. You've been promoted by the venue, even if that promo didn't work yet - a punter comes by later in your scheduled set and finds you gone that just makes the venue and YOU look bad.

This is the music business. You're going to play a lot of gigs, spin a lot of sets when your only audience is the kitchen staff. That's how our trade works. Get used to it or find a different line of work.

• Like 10

That sort of behavior .... Cripes even those of us who more or less arrange a playlist and do between track voice over (sometimes subbing out tracks or taking requests) frown upon that crap.

Doesn't matter how long your shift/set is supposed to be, you finish it out even if you never have anyone show up.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2020 at 12:39 AM, Anna Nova said:

Only Americans would understand what it's about.  Some little local election or other in the Grate Again Nation, I think.

No, Wisconsin's a state, not a nation.

shreddedcheddar.jpg

MAKE WISCONSIN GRATE AGAIN!

o-GREEN-BAY-CHEESEHEAD-facebook.jpg

Edited by Rabid Cheetah

1 hour ago, Talon Brown said:

I fail to see the relevance of that question given I was speaking about my experience within SL.

OH I thought you were speaking about your experience in RL, that makes more sense.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.