Losing sound whenever entering a certain area (but i'm the only one)

Rumancekk

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For some reason, for the past few days whenever I go to a certain place  I lose sound, but I'm the only one (it's Timber Wilds specifically)

the area consists of a sandbox and a main area. the minute i enter the sandbox all my sound cuts out. i was wearing a walker and it totally just stopped working. i mentioned it and was told by everyone else that they could hear it just fine.

so i logged out and logged back in only to be met with the same problem.

logged out a third time and came back and decided to walk instead of teleporting directly there. i walked back and for between the sandbox and non sandbox and noticed my sound worked until i got to the sandbox

i can't figure out why this is happening, it has nothing to do with the sim, it's on my end, and it's happened now every time i've gone there the past few times

i can't fathom how it would be my internet or anything, even though it sucks, because it works until i step into the sandbox. what can i do about this? it's really annoying to go there and not be able to hear sounds. i can hear voices just fine, not sounds though

8 answers to this question

A viewer has multiple types of sound. Ambient, buttons, media, music, sounds, and voice. Which are you losing? All?

If the parcel music is cutting out, I suggest you use right-click-About-Land by clicking the ground and check that the sandbox parcel actually has sound. 

Voice, media, and music generally come from a different Internet source. Voice comes from Voxel and if their URLs are blocked you don't have voice. Media and music would be the same. 

Some viewers have protective systems to prevent music sites from getting your IP address. Viewer settings will be such that you must accept the connection each time you try to connect or to remember approved URLs. Once approved they will be remembered and used in any region (I think - don't remember if this is per region thing). The sandbox may use a different URL. Or something in your computer may be blocking a URL.

5 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

A viewer has multiple types of sound. Ambient, buttons, media, music, sounds, and voice. Which are you losing? All?

If the parcel music is cutting out, I suggest you use right-click-About-Land by clicking the ground and check that the sandbox parcel actually has sound. 

Voice, media, and music generally come from a different Internet source. Voice comes from Voxel and if their URLs are blocked you don't have voice. Media and music would be the same. 

Some viewers have protective systems to prevent music sites from getting your IP address. Viewer settings will be such that you must accept the connection each time you try to connect or to remember approved URLs. Once approved they will be remembered and used in any region (I think - don't remember if this is per region thing). The sandbox may use a different URL. Or something in your computer may be blocking a URL.

it's specifically sound. gestures, ambient, etc. there is no sound. i'm using firestorm.

29 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

You didn't by any chance UNCHECK any of the boxes in that sounds floater in the upper right corner of your viewer screen, did you? Or maybe click the MUTE button right above it?

a249f78a954528d207aec637d3f07554.png

i did not, and like i said it only cuts off after i enter the line for the sandbox. crossing over that line again let sounds play again

Took a field trip - probably scared the sandbox wildlife - and nothing looked out of the ordinary to me, and so I'm pretty stumped. I'd suggest trying a different viewer, just to see if that makes any difference at all. If not, I'd try turning OFF Music, Media, and Voice to see if somehow the other sounds return - not that I have even the faintest theory of why that would work, just grasping at straws for some kind of clue to follow up.

Using FS 6.4.5 sounds work for me. Music stops. I can't get to the ground level to see the parcel settings. Via menu for the parcel it all looks to be working.

A number of my tricks for getting to the ground all failed, which is odd. But nothing odd about the Sound channel. So, I agree with Qie.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.