Problems with a DJ and waiting for report abuse answer.

Keyla Vought

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi guys, I recently invited a DJ person to live in my land, he was nowhere to stay, and I let him stream from there. On the first night he did a good stream, I just found some songs that he had played strange, but as I don't understand much of English slang I thought everything was ok. The next day, we prepared a new event, and he started to spew hate speech against religion and he kicked a person there without my permission, because the person was religious, I was on the land but was afk, when I came back I found out what happened because that person contacted me. I went to investigate what was going on, and I had the impression that he was streaming with hate speech, but something heavier, I can't say, as I said before, my English is weak for slang but I have the impression of having heard things of a racist nature . I blocked it immediately, apologized to my group about what was going on and sent an abuse ticket to sl, but I didn't have an answer, does anyone know if it takes time to get an answer to that? I am afraid he may have offended or hurt someone in my absence, I am a person who loves everyone, and I just want to make friends. And I don't want anyone to think that I agree with what happened.

Thank you all, I am sorry to send such a message of such a sad occurrence. but this subject is making me very very very sad.

Big hug to all, take care.
Keyla Vought.

5 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Keyla Vought said:

Hi guys, I recently invited a DJ person to live in my land, he was nowhere to stay, and I let him stream from there. On the first night he did a good stream, I just found some songs that he had played strange, but as I don't understand much of English slang I thought everything was ok. The next day, we prepared a new event, and he started to spew hate speech against religion and he kicked a person there without my permission, because the person was religious, I was on the land but was afk, when I came back I found out what happened because that person contacted me. I went to investigate what was going on, and I had the impression that he was streaming with hate speech, but something heavier, I can't say, as I said before, my English is weak for slang but I have the impression of having heard things of a racist nature . I blocked it immediately, apologized to my group about what was going on and sent an abuse ticket to sl, but I didn't have an answer, does anyone know if it takes time to get an answer to that? I am afraid he may have offended or hurt someone in my absence, I am a person who loves everyone, and I just want to make friends. And I don't want anyone to think that I agree with what happened.

As Alwin already noted, you will not receive any more information about the AR other than the initial confirmation that it was received. 

As this occurred on your land, I hope that you have removed the DJ from your group and have him on your parcel ban list so that he will no longer be able to access your land stream.  I would also suggest fine-tuning your group / role permissions for in the future, in case you have other DJ's out for events.  You can create roles with different sets of land permissions so that they can, for example, set the parcel stream but perhaps not be able to eject people themselves.  You could also create a role for a very trusted friend who is able to be there for events that you are not able to be at, and give that role permission to eject people - incase you have another DJ that goes off into bad behavior/song tracks. 

You can learn more about land groups and roles at:

and

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you can wait for another 25 years, LL does not discuss the outcome of a AR with anyone. Only the reported one will get a response when ... and íf, action is taken.

Ty sweet, this thing i blowing my mind.

Sorry again to talk about this subject, it´s a serious thing who needs attention.

Hugs, Take Care

2 minutes ago, Keyla Vought said:

Ty sweet, this thing i blowing my mind.

Sorry again to talk about this subject, it´s a serious thing who needs attention.

Hugs, Take Care

if you have your email settings right, you will get a message that they received your report, with the explanation what they will do. (not inform you)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moira Timmerman said:

As Alwin already noted, you will not receive any more information about the AR other than the initial confirmation that it was received. 

As this occurred on your land, I hope that you have removed the DJ from your group and have him on your parcel ban list so that he will no longer be able to access your land stream.  I would also suggest fine-tuning your group / role permissions for in the future, in case you have other DJ's out for events.  You can create roles with different sets of land permissions so that they can, for example, set the parcel stream but perhaps not be able to eject people themselves.  You could also create a role for a very trusted friend who is able to be there for events that you are not able to be at, and give that role permission to eject people - incase you have another DJ that goes off into bad behavior/song tracks. 

You can learn more about land groups and roles at:

and

Yes Moira, I've already done all the procedures so that he doesn't bother my guests, I'm not going to put any more DJs, I lost the taste for parties in SL, I don't want to be popular, I just wanted to know that there were people having fun there. I left that land and am in a small place just to create my things. My only fear is that he has offended someone else and that person thinks that I approve of that. Hope not.

Hugs tight, take care, ty all for answer me.

Keyla Vought

1 hour ago, Moira Timmerman said:

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.