Login to Dashboard is broken, still nada on Status!

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As well as the unreported impossibility of login into Secondlife today (at least from Europe), I can't even log  in to my dashboard to go and report it.

This site can’t be reached  id.secondlife.com took too long to respond.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Would someone on the waste coast of the US go round to Ebbe's and kick him out of bed.

Edited by Anna Nova
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Hello!

It appears that Linden Lab's ISP is currently experiencing issues.
Please keep an eye on https://status.secondlifegrid.net/ for further updates. (Please note that LL is currently out of office at the moment, so you may not see the issue on incident tracker yet.)

Sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused!

I have that page in front of me, as I type.  Nothing.  Everything operational.  Also checked *****ter.  Nothing there.

So Chaser, what is the source of your information?  No source, no cred.

2 minutes ago, Anna Nova said:

I have that page in front of me, as I type.  Nothing.  Everything operational.  Also checked *****ter.  Nothing there.

So Chaser, what is the source of your information?  No source, no cred.

For SL:

image.png.08d1ef8c0027fb2a9ee16b9487571de2.png

For it being LL's ISP, major SF area companies are experiencing major spikes in connection issues: https://downdetector.com/

4 minutes ago, Zack Massiel said:

It's the backbone providers somewhere in the mid states that's causing an issue as I have zero problems (chat, teleporting etc)

Thanks, I got that.  SO WHY HAVEN'T Linden Lab gotten their finger out and put something on their status page?

Just now, Anna Nova said:

Thanks, I got that.  SO WHY HAVEN'T Linden Lab gotten their finger out and put something on their status page?

Perhaps they're unable to for some technical reason? I did just manage to log in but it was only for a few seconds and then crashed again.

5 minutes ago, Zack Massiel said:

Because as it's been stated, it's 5am on a sunday over here? Also -

I found it in the end.   However, Linden Lab offers, and we pay for, a service that runs 24/7 world-wide.  They have an obligation to support us 24/7 world-wide.

Are you seriously telling me that they can just close their office on Saturday night (PST) and go to bed?

No one runs an international company like that.

Edited by Anna Nova
typo

Just now, Anna Nova said:

I found it in the end.   However, Linden Labs offers, and we pay for, a service that runs 24/7 world-wide.  They have an obligation to support us 24/7 world-wide.

Are seriously telling me that they can just close their office on Saturday night (PST) and go to bed?

No one runs an international company like that.

They do not have an obligation to provide 24/7 service, and there is also clauses in there for internet outages, which this falls under that. And they are supporting you 24/7. Just because they don't answer within 2 seconds (or even 2 hours) does not mean they aren't supporting you.

They just aren't answering you. (And no, they are not required to answer anyone within any time frame). And yes, all online "gaming" companies run like this. Only internet service providers have uptime clauses.

1 minute ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

okay just checked a few sources inside our backbone at our dc (I am not LL, but have 20+ physical servers back home in indiana) and I'm seeing cdn routing issues, cloudflare has re-routed a few and is having https connections errors that consumers are seeing right now.  akami is fine it shows,  bunny is fine.   fastly is having some issues.   so knowing that,  there could be migration issues or routing issues hampering too as one pipe gets clogged as another empties out.     but I'm not seeing this as LL issue as, tracert and ping times are low, even if I use my vpn to tracert from sweden to where secondlife.com is hosted.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/30/2020 at 1:52 PM, Chaser Zaks said:

For SL:

image.png.08d1ef8c0027fb2a9ee16b9487571de2.png

For it being LL's ISP, major SF area companies are experiencing major spikes in connection issues: https://downdetector.com/

Hi Chaser, 

where could I find that statistic?

I used to follow https://e*****up.com/slstatistics/online-now-last-24hrs but it's gone from a long time. (e t i t s up dot com)

Edited by Sonia Yeu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.