Server issues??

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, seems to be connected to/originated with the problems at major hub services originated at CenturyLink, which contributes to ensure the flow of internet traffic global. So not only Second Life, but many major internet services and providers were down or effected.

22 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Yes, it is, but part of it is speculation. And whatever the reason is for issues it keeps happening — avatars freezing and being logged out, dashboard not loading, etc.

[EDIT] Concerning SL, of course. No idea what is happening to many other internet based systems but as far as I can tell Discord hasn't been affected yet.

Edited by MBeatrix
adding info

58 minutes ago, MBeatrix said:

Yes, it is, but part of it is speculation. And whatever the reason is for issues it keeps happening — avatars freezing and being logged out, dashboard not loading, etc.

[EDIT] Concerning SL, of course. No idea what is happening to many other internet based systems but as far as I can tell Discord hasn't been affected yet.

Well, nothing should be happening now. This thread was about Sundays internet outage across the world.

1 hour ago, Zack Massiel said:

Well, nothing should be happening now. This thread was about Sundays internet outage across the world.

Right, but it's still happening intermittently. Unless it's an LL issue... Froze twice today and got logged out after a while. And when that happened, the dashboard wouldn't load on my external browser.

However, as there are rolling restarts underway it's not a good time to draw any conclusions.

3 minutes ago, MBeatrix said:

Right, but it's still happening intermittently. Unless it's an LL issue... Froze twice today and got logged out after a while. And when that happened, the dashboard wouldn't load on my external browser.

However, as there are rolling restarts underway it's not a good time to draw any conclusions.

Level3 fell over some hours ago, took out good portion of att's backhaul.   This is what tier 3 support told us at work.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Level3 fell over some hours ago, took out good portion of att's backhaul.   This is what tier 3 support told us at work.

That would explain it. I also had a some momentary freeze-ups yesterday (just a few seconds each).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.