Server issues??

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

10 minutes ago, Sierra Debruyere said:

What is a VPN Client?

VPN means Virtual Private Network, it is additional software ensuring a secure connection between the user and normally direct to a server for corporate users. It can also be used by normal user with a provider of a VPN server through which all traffic will go. Pro: Secure encrypted traffic. Con: Overhead and extended latency.

Is it needed for SL? No.

The current server problems gives an error in the viewer, where the viewer states the problems are due to either internet connection or region problems. Clearly, this is a false error report, the current server problems have nothing to do with ppl's internet connection or the region, where they log into, but a SL server problem.

Further it is not because of viewers, your OS or computer. Again, it is the SL server.

Edited by Rachel1206
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sierra Debruyere said:

What is a VPN Client?  ( forget this post, I googled it..lol)

Virtual Private Network. Provides an encrypted tunnel between your computer, and the VPN exit point, which could be in another country. May (or may not, depending on issue) help with some problems, by forcing your normal connection to take an alternative route. Some businesses use them to ensure a secure channel between home workers and business servers. Also good for working your way around geoblocks for Youtube vids and wotnot.

There are free VPNs, which are very much not recommended, and some cheapish paid solutions, such as NordVPN or Tunnelbear.

• Like 2

Just now, KarraSue said:

I wonder if anyone has filed a support ticket or contacted them somehow

Apparently phone and live chat support is "under maintenance". Frankly, by the time a ticket gets looked at, I imagine the people responsible for whacking racks with wrenches will have been alerted and whacked the right rack with the correct wrench already.

Well, I'm not an IT professional;) But the fact is for me that it's definitely not my PC or my internet connection. My PC is new and my connection is great. 
That's all I know, so I'm assuming a server problem ... or maybe a network problem ...
Edited by Sierra Debruyere

Just now, Toothless Draegonne said:

Apparently phone and live chat support is "under maintenance". Frankly, by the time a ticket gets looked at, I imagine the people responsible for whacking racks with wrenches will have been alerted and whacked the right rack with the correct wrench already.

Guess not, as it just kicked me off again

YES!! I have been getting booted for past 5 hours and cannot log in now. They said report problem but I cannot find where to do so. SLs incident page reports no issues. 

It was around 4 AM SLT when I first got booted. Could get back on then, cannot now. First "sorry" said try to log on to SL viewer and report if problem. I tried, could not log in to SL viewer and cannot find where to report problem when not in world. Firestorm is not letting me log in on web either. Who ever mentioned the 26000 in world who would disagree, that is 1/2 to 1/3 the population that would be on now so could be equal number are having log in problems. 

Someone here mentioned only some regions are affected so I tried logging in to many other regions with no success. Trying to log in to Hippo Hollow now bc lowest lag. Thanks to all who posted here. Like sister, great to find this and know it is not me/my system. 

Edited by VeritasMcMaster

25 minutes ago, secret Langer said:

I have been trying since 3 am.. changed viewers.. did lots of maintenance on my computer .. SL Grid says all good WTH.. I was relieved when I saw this posting.. I was afraid it was just me..

That was the time I got booted, too. First "sorry" said try to log on to SL viewer and report if problem. I tried, could not log in to SL viewer and cannot find where to report problem when not in world. Firestorm is not letting me log in on web either. Who ever mentioned the 26000 in world who would disagree, that is 1/2 to 1/3 the population that would be on now so could be equal number are having log in problems. 

Still down, at least in Central EU. Can't load the main site either. Strandely enough, I can reach the sub-domain web such as this forum.

(edit SL web error: 

An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #97.e5761602.1598794905.27014ad

)

Edited by Yuro Ryba

1 hour ago, Willow Wilder said:

The 26,000 or so currently logged would not necessarily agree with that. There's certainly a network problem though. 

Yeah it really depends on the provider. Logged in from Europe and haven't faced any issues, same as yesterday when many couldn't login.

Summary from Europe: internet speed a little down, internet ping good, similar speeds to SL, other US locations, and Europe. Reported log-in number was lower than the recent usual by about 10% but has started to rise again. Was able to log in OK, SL stats are looking good.

In my experience, systems are a bit sluggish when they get over 45,000 total logins.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.