You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I think it takes a special kind of person for this, but if that is you it's a great opportunity. I don't react well to being told what to do, I think people could probably tell which is why no one bid on me.

Well poop. Yeah. Don't tell me what to do, ask me. Nicely! Just say please or would you mind.

Maybe someone should start a different kind of SL slave auction. They could call it Tame the Shrew!¬†ūü§≠

• Haha 3
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm more concerned about them promoting dragons.. I mean who wants a dragon showing up in their yard? Not me that's for sure.. I bet it would be pretty scary trying to yell, Get off my grass!!\o/

Oops, looks like you forgot to pretend the alt wasn't you. Well, there's this thread. Onto the next one.

me:

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Maybe someone should start a different kind of SL slave auction. They could call it Tame the Shrew!¬†ūü§≠

My SL sister and her husband once decided to purchase a slave at auction. She told me later that no sooner had the slave been bought than she started screaming at them and railing against her oppression on voice. I suggested it was just roleplay, since she would have had to set herself up for auction, fill in the forms, turn up to the sale and so on, but my sister said she seemed very genuinely angry about it, and wouldn't get off voice either. She and her husband tried to have a conversation about it but the slave had switched to Ukrainian by that point so it was all a bit pointless.

• Haha 5
10 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

My SL sister and her husband once decided to purchase a slave at auction. She told me later that no sooner had the slave been bought than she started screaming at them and railing against her oppression on voice. I suggested it was just roleplay, since she would have had to set herself up for auction, fill in the forms, turn up to the sale and so on, but my sister said she seemed very genuinely angry about it, and wouldn't get off voice either. She and her husband tried to have a conversation about it but the slave had switched to Ukrainian by that point so it was all a bit pointless.

My kind of slave!

(I.e., the kind who is subjected to non-existent oppression.)

• Like 2

So heck, this whole thread was an attempted fuse, lit toward the new "wokeness" of the times, that veritable casting of fiery light, so to speak, but no, not with laser-like rationale and intelligent consideration and real meaning, but with the blasting of accusatory floodlights as from out of eager yet garbled minds that cast shadows willy nilly onto anything and EVERYthing.  That serves to make these promoters feel superior, Masters if you like, over all else beneath them.  Hmmmm.  What keen irony seems to lie there.

Welcome to the moshpit of disturbed minds with big mouths. Nothing new there, history is replete with it.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
9 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Why does this put in mind of those mail order brides?

Oh yeah. All those junk emails I get from women in the Ukraine wanting to get into the US. Yeah, no, sorry. I'm not divorcing my husband to marry a green card.

And why send me those emails? I'm not a guy! lol (yes I know... they bought lists)

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Darn it. I wish I had read this sooner. I recently tried, and then withdrew before it could come to pass, a submissive auction. Had I read your post first, I probably would have stayed in, although my Ukrainian is a tad rusty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/30/2020 at 6:54 AM, teassyboy said:

I'm not refusing any answers, if they were on the topic..and just to let you know, i was amazed to find out that a part of those playing slaves or subs here, have been, one way or another, abused at some point in their RL, and have some trauma

Imagine thinking only RL-abused people participate in consensual BDSM here. You do realize BDSM and D/s relationships is a kink/hobby right and has nothing to do with actual slavery in RL? Not a frickin mental illness?

How backwards and bigoted can you get? What's next, only people with bi-polar disorder RP as vampires?

Edited by MelodicRain
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, MelodicRain said:

Imagine thinking only RL-abused people participate in consensual BDSM here. You do realize BDSM and D/s relationships is a kink/hobby right and has nothing to do with actual slavery in RL? Not a frickin mental illness?

How backwards and bigoted can you get? What's next, only people with bi-polar disorder RP as vampires?

He didn't say all, he said some. Which I am sure is true, but it is meaningless. Some people who buy cars have been abused, a certain percentage of the population has been abused so a percentage of and given subset will have been abused. This does not mean there is any connection.

SL sex slaves are not victims, they offer themselves for a price for a specified period of time, and thier "masters" are really at thier mercy because they can simply not show up after the master has paid the fee. There is nothing there that would exclude participation by someone who had experienced abuse in RL. In fact for some the fact that they have control over the "master" may in fact have great appeal.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
On 8/30/2020 at 5:18 AM, scoryllo said:

i wasn't referring about the roleplay each one consents to do or not...just talking of sims, that officially sell slaves in auctions...moreover, they request to fill a form on an outside website that doesn't belong to SL, to fill there your SL username, so that they could easily track your IP.. This is a bit beyond RP, isn't is? Sims that have as only purpose selling slaves and making profit out of that, is not roleplay anymore...and yes, it means promoting slavery in my opinion...

The auction is apart of a contract permitted by the auction with certain rules and guidelines. i.e serving someone for a week to two weeks and both the auction and auctioneer must follow the rules and guidelines or face ban from a sim i.e group. This is all BDSM or Gore related type auctions and even some who are auctioned off earn lindens from the auctions. Its more of a way in the sense of the lifestyle to serve someone with consent. SL doesn't promote it of course but its quite common for people to do this to express themselves that normally in real life would be highly illegal. 

31 minutes ago, FlameGirlHero said:

The auction is apart of a contract permitted by the auction with certain rules and guidelines. i.e serving someone for a week to two weeks and both the auction and auctioneer must follow the rules and guidelines or face ban from a sim i.e group. This is all BDSM or Gore related type auctions and even some who are auctioned off earn lindens from the auctions. Its more of a way in the sense of the lifestyle to serve someone with consent. SL doesn't promote it of course but its quite common for people to do this to express themselves that normally in real life would be highly illegal. 

I have a yoyo.

It goes up and down, and down and up.

• Like 1

I realize this is an old thread, however.. The author of this thread has literally taken part in a slave auction on SL. That should invalidate this argument entirely. The only reason I know is because I was a staff member at this auction. Anywho.. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.