You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm more concerned about them promoting dragons.. I mean who wants a dragon showing up in their yard? Not me that's for sure.. I bet it would be pretty scary trying to yell, Get off my grass!!\o/

Oops, looks like you forgot to pretend the alt wasn't you. Well, there's this thread. Onto the next one.

me:

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, teassyboy said:

Is it normal that some SL sims are promoting slavery? Doesn't that mean that SL promotes slavery at large?

Parcels/Regions are owned by the property owners, not by LL themselves. Also, there is the BDSM community that has slaves and masters etc but it's all consensual.

No one can be a slave on here that doesn't want to be.

• Like 5

Is it normal? Yes.

Does it mean that SL/LL promotes slavery? No. That's like saying just because I made pineapple on pizza in SL, that LL supports it.

Slavery is often a buzz word that people associate with a specific part of history, but slavery doesn't refer to just that. Slavery has been around since man could use tools. In SL, 99% of all slavery refers to the BDSM or Gor groups. While BDSM particularly tends to be gender neutral with whom is the master and who is the slave, Gor, from my knowledge, is primarily women(could be wrong here, never investigated Gor much).

It is important to keep in mind, that when there is slavery in SL, it is all consentual. If someone does not wish to participate, they simply leave, turn off RLV if it is in use, or just log off. No one is being forced to do anything.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

No because it's RolePlay and people who take part in such RolePlay are over 18 and have decided they want to play the slave role.

Same way that War roleplay sims have people who want to RP being soldiers, Sex RP sims have people who want to RP sexual intercourse etc .

Doesn't mean SL is promoting Wars or Prost**tion or stuff like that.

• Like 2

i wasn't referring about the roleplay each one consents to do or not...just talking of sims, that officially sell slaves in auctions...moreover, they request to fill a form on an outside website that doesn't belong to SL, to fill there your SL username, so that they could easily track your IP.. This is a bit beyond RP, isn't is? Sims that have as only purpose selling slaves and making profit out of that, is not roleplay anymore...and yes, it means promoting slavery in my opinion...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
9 minutes ago, scoryllo said:

i wasn't referring about the roleplay each one consents to do or not...just talking of sims, that officially sell slaves in auctions...moreover, they request to fill a form on an outside website that doesn't belong to SL, to fill there your SL username, so that they could easily track your IP.. This is a bit beyond RP, isn't is? Sims that have as only purpose selling slaves and making profit out of that, is not roleplay anymore...and yes, it means promoting slavery in my opinion...

Why did you make another account to reply to your own thread?

Anything done in second life is role play. There is no actual buying of real life people and everyone consents to it. And no that does not exactly mean the same thing you think it does. As for the filling out forms just to track IP thing is a totally separate issue.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Is it normal? Yes.

Does it mean that SL/LL promotes slavery? No. That's like saying just because I made pineapple on pizza in SL, that LL supports it.

Slavery is often a buzz word that people associate with a specific part of history, but slavery doesn't refer to just that. Slavery has been around since man could use tools. In SL, 99% of all slavery refers to the BDSM or Gor groups. While BDSM particularly tends to be gender neutral with whom is the master and who is the slave, Gor, from my knowledge, is primarily women(could be wrong here, never investigated Gor much).

It is important to keep in mind, that when there is slavery in SL, it is all consentual. If someone does not wish to participate, they simply leave, turn off RLV if it is in use, or just log off. No one is being forced to do anything.

Slavery existed in human history, and it was a shame, people died, was not a joke, and still lingers in some parts of of the world, unfortunately, on various forms...Can't make a mockery out of that and compare it with pizza making...

Despite the fact that slavery is prohibited worldwide, modern forms of the sinister practice persist. More than 40 million people still toil in debt bondage in Asia, forced labor in the Gulf states, or as child workers in agriculture in Africa or Latin America.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, scoryllo said:

There is no such thing as "official" anything in SL (except what you are instructed to do by someone whose last name is Linden).

Even that cannot be anything more than consensual roleplay. Anyone who doesn't want to do that can simply... not do it. There are a lot of RP systems in SL that utilise external databases - for example Bloodlines, and even pet-breeding things like KittyCats. It's common, normal, and nothing to be concerned about.

And even then, whatever happens in a privately-owned sim is purely the prerogative of the sim owners. Absolutely nothing that happens in SL is done with any kind of prior approval or condonement by Linden Lab. The only things not allowed are things that break the Terms and Conditions - roleplay doesn't, even when money changes hands. If real-world laws are broken, it's down to real-world authorities to deal with. If someone is using communication in SL to organise real-world human-trafficking for example. But that's clearly not the case in your example.  People are just spending a few L$ for the opportunity to roleplay something that they can't do in RL. 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, scoryllo said:

Careful, you forgot to switch between your sock puppet accounts! ;)

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
15 minutes ago, scoryllo said:

Sims that have as only purpose selling slaves and making profit out of that, is not roleplay anymore...and yes, it means promoting slavery in my opinion...

This only means that your opinion is incorrect, on both counts.

• Like 5

CasperTech also asks you to visit or login to their website in order to use their Casperlet or get a redelivery from Caspervent, Bloodlines also have a website where they register, same as many others SL businesses and that is perfectly normal.

What you described above is considered RP, maybe not the one that i like or you like but still it is RP. You don't like it , you simply don't play it.
That is the difference between slavery and non slavery. Slaves didn't have the option not to be slaves.
(*btw it would be wise not to switch accounts so that people won't laugh at you when you are trying to make a valid argument)

tenor.gif?itemid=17362984

• Like 7
Just now, Nick0678 said:

so that people won't laugh at you when you are trying to make a valid argument

You think he is trying to make a valid argument? The fact that this person *attempts* to participate in the his own thread with more than one account does not even spark the slight idea for you, that this is a weak trolling a attempt? Its as obvious as it gets. Typical topic, stuborn stupidity, second account to make it look like he isn't a lone lunatic.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, scoryllo said:

If the possibility of IP tracking seems a joke to you, yes, i am wrong on whatever account

Ok take a stance on this thread -

Are you worried about IP tracking or you worried about slavery? IP tracking is EASY as pie to deal with on here - Just don't go to any site outside of SL. DONE DEAL. Don't like that a company requires you to do so? Don't use their services. 

Slavery isn't the same with IP tracking nor is it real in second life. 

• Like 3

Well, as so many people is more concerned about my alts, and so less about the idea of slavery, and seem to like that so much, i will ask an admin to delete the topic...

About "lunatic", idk, I know as a fact that i am not one..lol...are you absolutely sure about yourself, Syo?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Even setting aside the mishap of your alt and your attempt to ignore those pointing it out...

1) Sounds like you’re trying to establish that actual slavery exists in SL. You ask what we think, and when we say ‘no’, with or without reasoning, you refuse the answers. Why did you ask for our opinions, then? Just say “slavery exists in SL cos I say so, and you better agree with me”. It’s more honest.

2) You yourself say “some” sims, then immediately ignore your own “some” and go on to generalize it to the whole of SL, with “at large”. Trying to downplay the pizza example as a trivialization doesn’t make the argument go away, and it’s too old a tactic. Doesn’t fly.

3) It’s still RP. It doesn’t matter how many times you also ignore the answers pointing this out. The argument stands nevertheless.

Edited by Ren Toxx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, teassyboy said:

Well, as so many people is more concerned about my alts

We aren't concerned, we are laughing at you and your failed attempt to pretend to be two different people. Maybe try again on again two different accounts next weekend. Maybe something about child avatars? Or find some other roleplay/fetish to get offended about. Maybe some general BDSM stuff or straight up Gor. Or furries and boinkable animals.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I'm not refusing any answers, if they were on the topic..and just to let you know, i was amazed to find out that a part of those playing slaves or subs here, have been, one way or another, abused at some point in their RL, and have some trauma

• Like 3
Just now, Syo Emerald said:

We aren't concerned, we are laughing at you and your failed attempt to pretend to be two different people. Maybe try again on again two different accounts next weekend. Maybe something about child avatars? Or find some other roleplay/fetish to get offended about. Maybe some general BDSM stuff or straight up Gor. Or furries and boinkable animals.

I like this idea because I took next weekend off from work so I can play more! :D

• Haha 2
Just now, teassyboy said:

I'm not refusing any answers, if they were on the topic..and just to let you know, i was amazed to find out that a part of those playing slaves or subs here, have been, one way or another, abused at some point in their RL, and have some trauma

You're bouncing between two issues though, IP Tracking and slavery. Also - you don't want to try to psychoanalyze second life residents for their reasons for doing what they do - Your head will explode.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Well, have fun than, roleplay a slave as much as you want..don't feel like laughing when i see tv news about people that were in chains for years

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 162 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.