Group Chat Not seeing it

SneekyBrat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me I have reinstalled SL and did a clean install.  Double and triple checked my blocked list and I have a group that I moderate that I can't see the chat of.  They see me talk, but I can't see them.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Sneekybrat

14 answers to this question

I don't know if this helps anyone but here is something that worked for a friend who could not see group chat in 1 group that she was owner of but had no problem with other groups.

She made me owner of the group, left the group, relogged, I invited her back to the group as owner and everything works fine again.  ONLY TRY THIS OPTION WITH AN ALT OR SOMEONE YOU REALLY TRUST TO TAKE OVER OWNERSHIP FOR A SHORT TIME.    I don't know if the leaving and rejoining option works if you are in a different group role to owner.  

• Like 1

One of my friends in one of of my groups is having a similar problem.  She said it started 10 days ago.  We have tried both the Second Life Viewer as well as Firestorm, we have reinstalled both, it is happening on Multiple computers checked all the settings and nothing seems to work.  We had her create a Test Account and that account works fine.  So that is vexing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I think I would submit a support case...both you and your friend.  This sounds like a problem with the account; perhaps LL can dig in and fix it.

Great, I think she did, she is just worried she used the wrong Topic because she couldn't find one that was specific for this type issue.

On 8/29/2020 at 9:26 PM, SneekyBrat said:

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me I have reinstalled SL and did a clean install.  Double and triple checked my blocked list and I have a group that I moderate that I can't see the chat of.  They see me talk, but I can't see them.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you

Sneekybrat

I have the same exact problem except it is every group I cannot see. They can see my posts, but I can't see my own posts or theirs (have to ask them to IM me to see if they see posts! ). Firestorm Viewer group say it's been a problem since September 2020 it's still happening and it's now November1st. Anyone else having the same problem? It's so frustrating! I am so out of the loop in the groups!

On 8/30/2020 at 9:35 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

I think I would submit a support case...both you and your friend.  This sounds like a problem with the account; perhaps LL can dig in and fix it.

I'm having the same problem. How do I submit a ticket? I have never done so before. Thank you!

On 8/30/2020 at 12:39 AM, Kevin0417 said:

One of my friends in one of of my groups is having a similar problem.  She said it started 10 days ago.  We have tried both the Second Life Viewer as well as Firestorm, we have reinstalled both, it is happening on Multiple computers checked all the settings and nothing seems to work.  We had her create a Test Account and that account works fine.  So that is vexing.

It's happening to me too. I can't see most groups. Occassionally one will come through. SO utterly frustrating. Thought it might have something to do with using a VPN but I've been using it a while and nothing like this happened before.

8 hours ago, LisaJCobalt said:

It's happening to me too. I can't see most groups. Occassionally one will come through. SO utterly frustrating. Thought it might have something to do with using a VPN but I've been using it a while and nothing like this happened before.

Maybe when they're finished with the uplift, we'll see group chat and teleportation fixed.  Seems that major improvement is top priority at the moment.

10 hours ago, LisaJCobalt said:

I'm having the same problem. How do I submit a ticket? I have never done so before. Thank you!

Lisa, just scroll to the bottom of this page and click the Support link, then the Create Case link.  Follow the prompts.  If no category appears to apply to your issue, just pick one.

i'm having the same issue with a group i led for 4 years.  i use multiple avatars at once for second life.  it's the only group i lead in SL.  at any given time there are 1 to 10 online in the group, so we aren't talking about a large group.  you can type in the group chat, but you can't see group chat.  if this bug happens to you, the only thing you can do is change avatars to see the group chat again, or put up with the problem.  

i'm researching if i can do a workaround.  i'm looking at if the chat is logged, and if so, there may be a way to 'read' the chat automatically, because you can type in the group, you just can't read it, and opening a log file every few minutes to see if there is any chat is tedious.  also using a 'bot' or another avatar to read the chat via a regular screenshotting technique with another avatar, and using programs outside second life to convert text on the screen with the other account to ascii and send it automatically to the avatar which was bugged from seeing that group chat is another option.  (maybe SL should hire a better programmer? it has to be only one programmer left doing the rare additions to SL and attempting to troubleshoot bugs in sl.  probably working part time between his mcdonalds job and his paper route)

it seems like the easiest solution is to create another account and run a text based firestorm on the same computer or a different computer and tab over or look at the group chat that way.  you can still type in the group chat with your main avatar.  lumiya still works even if you never paid for it.  all you have to do is find the apk and install lumiya and log in with your username and pw.  there is also a text only option for android (mobile grid client?) for 5 dollars/euros a month to create another account to read the group chat.  

Edited by Electorite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1220 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.