Cleared Cache Everything looks Like Crap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I cleared my cache last night and now I log in and most of my uploaded textures and much of the sim environment looks like crap.  Textures that were sharp and clear are now blurred or heavily pixailated (see photos)

Blurry Graphics

Pixalated

Environment Distortion

I have my settings on High and I have logged in and out with Viewer 2 and the Beta Viewer with the same results. So I down loaded the Phoenix Viewer and the results were much better but not as good as they were. I would continue using Phoenix but I don't like the navigation... So I am confused as to what happed and what can be done to rectify this? I have tried changing my graphic and performance settings but all to no avail... Please advise. Thanks

Hello Fathington. If you clear your cache yesterday, that means you lost all your temporaly SL files and textures and you need to download all of them from the beginning in your hard disk. You see textures blurred because obviously they haven't fully loaded yet. I don't think that you must to worry about that. You told that you set your graphics to High. The higher quality, performance and draw distance, the more information your computer will receive from the servers hosting the regions (sims) around you, so the longer the time your computer will need in order to upload everything you see around. So temporarily set your graphics quality to medium just for your first log in's. It's no necessary for me to change viewers because every viewer has its own cache memory. Better to log in with the same viewer and stay more in the same region.

Well the more I think about the less your statement makes sense...

When I first installed SL on this system, my cache was void of everything yet when I logged on, the terrain, building, landscape was rendered perfectly - no hanging hanging around waint for textures to load.  And the items I built and the textures I used were also rendered perfectly.  

So I don't understand why clearing the cache would have such a negative effect.  I have been standing in the same place for hours with my settings at medium and everything looks as bad as it did hours ago! Even the texture that I upload suck so I don't understand!

ok 8 days and many hours later the textures that were uploaded or items rezzed prior to the cache cleaning still look terrible.  Yet new items that I rezz or objects that I create with new textures look fine. See the gift box, wall, and terrain textures versus the textures on the trees that were rezzed post clearing.

Texture problems

ok 8 days and many hours later the textures that were uploaded or items rezzed prior to the cache cleaning still look terrible.  Yet new items that I rezz or objects that I create with new textures look fine. See the gift box, wall, and terrain textures versus the textures on the trees that were rezzed post clearing. These images were taken with my graphics set on Ultra High...

Texture problems

Texture problems

turn off http get textures and then reclear cache.... what it looks like is that the textures never finish downloading (and therefore remain blurry) and why newly uploaded textures seem fine (because they have already been fully duplicated in your cache and so rez normally.

more specific about a folder path that changes from OS to OS and is settable to any path by the user? o.O

that's why I had you read it from prefs... easiest way way to find and confirm the correct path

ETA:
glad it worked for you though.

my apologies for the miscue then. yes "prefs" is short for preferences, and you would indeed need to open SL to read it, which was why I was explicit about deleting the contents of that folder after the viewer was closed.

on the bright side you figured out the shorthand without any trouble, which will help you for a great many programs =)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4678 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.