Why is there no keyboard shortcut for Landmarks?

Pombokom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Seems to me having to click World, Places, Landmarks is about the most common action of all and should have been one of the first keyboard shortcuts. But nooo. Interesting. Does Firestorm allow you to define some shortcuts of your own?

4 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Pombokom said:

Seems to me having to click World, Places, Landmarks is about the most common action of all and should have been one of the first keyboard shortcuts. But nooo. Interesting. Does Firestorm allow you to define some shortcuts of your own?

Not sure about defining keyboard shortcuts, but with Firestorm, you can add Places to a Toolbar (located bottom and/or left side and/or right side).  When you click the Places icon, it opens up the Places window with your Landmarks folder already expanded.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

I'm not sure that's "the most common action of all," but if it's common enough for you that you need a shortcut, you may be able to edit the keys.xml file in your computer.  Read http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Keyboard_mapping .  Beware, of course, that some changes that you make may interfere with other SL commands or with functions that are defined in your computer's OS or other software that you may have running.

You can always save favorite landmarks on the upper taskbar in your viewer. That may be a lot easier than messing with a custom shortcut. Just put a copy of a frequently used LM into the My Favorites folder in your inventory and it will appear on the Favorites bar at the top of the viewer screen.

19 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

In Firestorm Alt+H opens the TP history window, which is just a tab away from Places. I pretty sure it's the same in the SL viewer.

That's what I use.  Also has a tab for favorites which is great since I don't like the favorites bar at the top cluttering up the screen.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.