can not login unable to connect to simulator

Adrienne Riler

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have been trying to get into SL so four days now and getting the same message. Unable to connect to simulator. I have tried viewer 2and phoenix and same thing each time. I can log into secondlife_beta it lets me log in fine but i cant log into the main grid at all keeps saying loging failed unable to connect to simulator i changed my password i tried every viewer i even rested my compuer cleared my stuff and all that i restarted my internet connect i can log into the main grid fine wit my alts but not with one of my main accounts  I don't know if its my  group that is causing the problem or not but it says this Group created possibly involves "invalid character" preventing Login. Forum searches led to believe that group created has invalid character " < " which is preventing this avatar from logging in with Error:
Unable to login, cannot connect to a simulator.

Please delete group so login can be enabled.
... and I can't tp anywhere. I need help this is frustrating. I have tried on another computer as well and same message and I have gone as far as uninstalling sl and installing it again and same problem... someone please help me.

• Like 2

I am having the same issue, I was signed on this morning for all of two minutes and then I was logged off unexpectedly and I am receiving the unable to connect to simulator message. My name is StarlyteAlizare and I am a group owner so I can not get and change my tag or delete myself from the group. If you could please help I would greatly appreciate it, thank you. 

Add me to the list - I downloaded and reintalled - that doesn't work / I chose another login address - that doesn't work / I chose 'home' rather than 'Last place' - that doesn't work. How can we dump a group wne we can't get in in the first place ??? I don't suppose it's malicious since there are so many of us?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.