You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, streler said:

funny that in the grid status page they show that everything is operational lol

That has to be manually updated. LL is typically asleep right now. Because they are based in San Fransisco, California, a majority of LL tends to be operating around that time. So SLT(the time you see at the top of your viewer) is the time that LL is mostly used to. Even then, most of the U.S. is at night, so those who work remote are also asleep. Only exception is if the grid severely breaks and doesn't recover, in which case, Soft Linden typically gets on and starts smacking things with a digital wrench.

1 minute ago, Chaser Zaks said:

That has to be manually updated. LL is typically asleep right now. Because they are based in San Fransisco, California, a majority of LL tends to be operating around that time. So SLT(the time you see at the top of your viewer) is the time that LL is mostly used to. Even then, most of the U.S. is at night, so those who work remote are also asleep. Only exception is if the grid severely breaks and doesn't recover, in which case, Soft Linden typically gets on and starts smacking things with a digital wrench.

so we wont log in until they wake up?lol

2 minutes ago, streler said:

so we wont log in until they wake up?lol

Sometimes the grid recovers. It can be anything from a server outage, router outage, or even ISP outage. If it is something to do with the ISP, it can block some people from logging in, but not others, and ISPs work 24/7 to fix things, especially in SF because a lot of big name businesses rely on those connections being up 24/7.

Given that it seems to be affecting only certain parts of Europe, my guess is it's nothing to do with SL at all, but more likely a fault in some backbone cable somewhere within Europe. Like the incident a couple of months ago in the US, which was caused by a cable being cut by someone working on a construction site.

No problem here, logging in from the UK.

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Chaser Zaks said:

Sometimes the grid recovers. It can be anything from a server outage, router outage, or even ISP outage. If it is something to do with the ISP, it can block some people from logging in, but not others, and ISPs work 24/7 to fix things, especially in SF because a lot of big name businesses rely on those connections being up 24/7.

im kidding my friend,anyways i can wait...thank you for your explanation with all these details

1 minute ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Given that it seems to be affecting only certain parts of Europe, my guess is it's nothing to do with SL at all, but more likely a fault in some backbone cable somewhere. Like the incident a couple of months ago in the US, which was caused by a cable being cut by someone working on a construction site.

No problem here, logging in from the UK.

i think you are right cause right now i cant log in in a server to another game im playing..i guess its something not only about SL

26 minutes ago, Gundahard said:

i can log normally..but after 2 minutes i crash..and then i log normally again and crash again..anyone else have same problems?

Yes thats what was happening to me but now Im unable to log in at all. 

17 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I've had absolutely no trouble logging in from the UK this weekend.

Nor have I until now.  Now if I get in chat is broken, I can't tp anywhere, I can't move my avatar, and after a couple of minutes I am logged out.  10 attempts to relog have failed so far.

Edited by Anna Nova

Just now, DeviousDreams said:
A number of services (not just SL) are down, likely because cloudfare is down.

It's also dependent on the route your connection takes. Right now I have zero problems to SL, including chat. So a backbone somewhere probably had too much to drink and is being a little off with the connections.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.