Any good furry hangouts?

Ishbacko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are there any good furry specific spots that aren't heavy on object load and won't cause me to lag like I'm on a stock windows XP system trying to play crisis 3 on max settings? I just need a place where I can try to meet people, despite having group anxiety (which I'm trying to break it's hold over me with this)

Adult lands are preferred mostly due to language used (I tend to swear a lot, old habits die hard) and avi outfits, just looking for a place to chill and meet some other fuzzbutts, and if you feel inclined, dm me and we can discuss this further ^~^

I run firestorm on an HP stream laptop, so like, I can go places, but if it has way too many objects to load, or objects with exceedingly high land requirements, the lag is too much.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ishbacko said:

Are there any good furry specific spots that aren't heavy on object load and won't cause me to lag like I'm on a stock windows XP system trying to play crisis 3 on max settings? I just need a place where I can try to meet people, despite having group anxiety (which I'm trying to break it's hold over me with this)

Adult lands are preferred mostly due to language used (I tend to swear a lot, old habits die hard) and avi outfits, just looking for a place to chill and meet some other fuzzbutts, and if you feel inclined, dm me and we can discuss this further ^~^

I run firestorm on an HP stream laptop, so like, I can go places, but if it has way too many objects to load, or objects with exceedingly high land requirements, the lag is too much.

when you post your viewer stats, we perhaps could see some things you can adjust to get a better experience.
When doing a search for HP Stream, i'm not really getting optimistic it's very utilized for running SL at high settings, but perhaps there are other versions than i find.

viewer menu/help/about ..copy/paste

Edited by Alwin Alcott

34 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

when you post your viewer stats, we perhaps could see some things you can adjust to get a better experience.
When doing a search for HP Stream, i'm not really getting optimistic it's very utilized for running SL at high settings, but perhaps there are other versions than i find.

viewer menu/help/about ..copy/paste

I am painfully unaware of anything relating to this kind of stuff, I'm not really an avid PC user, my friend just bugged me awhile back to make an account since I'd gotten my first laptop awhile back, and another let me know not long ago about firestorm and the settings I could change to actually run SL somewhat okay. But this is the system stats it says under the about

Firestorm 6.3.9 (58205) May 27 2020 01:20:51 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4000 CPU @ 1.10GHz (1094.4 MHz)
Memory: 3912 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 18362.959)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 600

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 26.20.100.7372
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 26.20.100.7372

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.7
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.00.08
Dullahan: 1.1.1320 / CEF: 3.3626.1895.g7001d56 / Chromium: 72.0.3626.121
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Dark)
Window size: 1366x705 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 32 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 1
Render quality: Medium-Low (2/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 768 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2020-7-21T19:25:58 
Built with MSVC version 1800
August 28 2020 23:38:08 SLT

That hardware seems alarmingly low for a lot of SL regions. I'd suggest tricks like turning your draw distance way down and only rendering friends, turning Advanced Lighting Model off, limiting max avatar complexity, basically run your viewer in potato mode. Firestorm's honestly pretty good with its frame rate and packs a lot of features that may enhance your overall experience, but you will need to know how to turn a lot of graphics off with that hardware. I'm not sure how well any viewer will run with 3GB RAM these days.

As for regions, there's a bunch of different furry-themed regions and regions where anybody is welcome:

• Veyla Prime region, current home of the USFN playbox, is pretty low-demand when people aren't pelting each other with car-throwers.
  • Luskwood is G-rated and one of the friendlier spots when active, but as a graphically-busy mainland area, your computer may go up in flames.
  • Sudden Stop in the Fidelis region is a furry-themed open sandbox with all that this implies, as far as some of the people you might run into there, but it's good on frame rates.
  • LEWD sandbox in the Seduction Island region, well I'll let you guess what that's all about. The sandbox area is pretty cleanly built, even if the content very much isn't.
  • Alethia Island is more of a buildbox than a hangout and isn't "furry" per se, but the owners and admin are friendly, and you may find the occasional old wizard to chat with.
  • Lunas Empire is very pony. They're also home of the new Avali avatar. Fairly performant as regions go. Can be dead, can be busy.

And then there's my own region at Raptor Isle, joined to a blob of regions that each have their own purpose. It's a sandbox, can get frankly annoyingly opinionated at the landing zone, but if you just want to pick a quiet spot there to chill with a few friends and put outfits together, I'm not going to complain about it. There's a whole region-wide build platform in the sky that's generally quiet even when the entrance is being shouty-loud. As a build platform, it's got almost nothing up there asides whatever people are working on, so even potato GPUs should be OK.

Bear in mind that some regions may not let you in without payment info on your account or joining an access group first, and especially in adult-rated regions, they may kick you from the region for even looking remotely young. My own spot included.

Edited by Toothless Draegonne
Grammar, my brain, eek.

4 hours ago, Toothless Draegonne said:

That hardware seems alarmingly low for a lot of SL regions. I'd suggest tricks like turning your draw distance way down and only rendering friends, turning Advanced Lighting Model off, limiting max avatar complexity, basically run your viewer in potato mode. Firestorm's honestly pretty good with its frame rate and packs a lot of features that may enhance your overall experience, but you will need to know how to turn a lot of graphics off with that hardware. I'm not sure how well any viewer will run with 3GB RAM these days.

As for regions, there's a bunch of different furry-themed regions and regions where anybody is welcome:

• Veyla Prime region, current home of the USFN playbox, is pretty low-demand when people aren't pelting each other with car-throwers.
  • Luskwood is G-rated and one of the friendlier spots when active, but as a graphically-busy mainland area, your computer may go up in flames.
  • Sudden Stop in the Fidelis region is a furry-themed open sandbox with all that this implies, as far as some of the people you might run into there, but it's good on frame rates.
  • LEWD sandbox in the Seduction Island region, well I'll let you guess what that's all about. The sandbox area is pretty cleanly built, even if the content very much isn't.
  • Alethia Island is more of a buildbox than a hangout and isn't "furry" per se, but the owners and admin are friendly, and you may find the occasional old wizard to chat with.
  • Lunas Empire is very pony. They're also home of the new Avali avatar. Fairly performant as regions go. Can be dead, can be busy.

And then there's my own region at Raptor Isle, joined to a blob of regions that each have their own purpose. It's a sandbox, can get frankly annoyingly opinionated at the landing zone, but if you just want to pick a quiet spot there to chill with a few friends and put outfits together, I'm not going to complain about it. There's a whole region-wide build platform in the sky that's generally quiet even when the entrance is being shouty-loud. As a build platform, it's got almost nothing up there asides whatever people are working on, so even potato GPUs should be OK.

Bear in mind that some regions may not let you in without payment info on your account or joining an access group first, and especially in adult-rated regions, they may kick you from the region for even looking remotely young. My own spot included.

Yeah, couldn't really afford anything better and still not really in a great place where an upgrade is possible right now for obvious 'stay at home' reasons, but these are all very good suggestions and I'm glad I checked the forums at the right time. Also, I don't really think my avi looks too young (my pfp) so I should be fine in that regard, though that's very subjective depending on who you ask I suppose, had a friend help me pick stuff out to make him look close to my own age

Edited by Ishbacko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.