First time Linden Home Owner

StormSpirit Gearbox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I only recently got Premium and got a houseboat but its super far away from place i'm at almost 24/7 and friend keeps bugging me to try and got a house boat closer to Tulagi iv seen a few abandoned homes closer to Jeogeot Gulf and my question is do I need to play the game of roulette to get one or is it possible to request one closer to the Gulf if there are few open?

I probably already know the answer which is the game but my friend wont stop bugging me about it 

8 answers to this question

Nope.  Linden Homes are assigned at random.  You can't request a specific one.  Yes, you can play the Game of Homes to keep trying for one that's perfect.  Just remember that you can only abandon homes five times in a day, so the game might take a while.  

The good news is that in SL, you can teleport anywhere in an instant. It doesn't make any difference how far away you are from a favorite shop or club.  Teleportation is fast and free. That can take a little bit off the disappointment of not living in your perfect neighborhood.  :)

• Like 4

I agree with the above two posters; my alt is trying for a Houseboat atm & the only one to come up was gone before she'd completed the agreement

It really doesn't matter where it is, in terms of how far from anywhere else, it's all just as quick to get to unless next door

1 hour ago, StormSpirit Gearbox said:

another reason was hoping to try get adifferent spot cause there are lot of prim baby's things that are crying almost non stop and it is beyond annoying to hear crying all round me

You can fix this.  In World/Parcel Details (also may be called About Land) look in the Sound tab.  There are options to limit voice, gesture, and other sounds to your parcel only.

• Like 1

Thank you for information. my only problem with current location is i'm getting 4 frames even with draw distances set to low so i'm just gonna have to try my hand at GoH and hope get some thing closer to the Jeogeot Gulf and little further from new main land which eats my frame rate up. don't really mind waiting any how having a house is just a perk to which I honestly feel kinda strange having considering been homeless on SL since first joined back in 05

but thank you all for answering my question I found the information on Linden Home page to be little confusing.

• Like 1

Storm, that's an awful frame rate.  Would you try something?  Make a simple platform and move it up to just over 1000m, then go check out your fps there.  You may find that using a skybox as your pied a...air provides acceptable performance.  And if you can determine that one person is doing something that's impacting the performance, they can be reported for being a resource hog.

10 hours ago, StormSpirit Gearbox said:

Thank you for information. my only problem with current location is i'm getting 4 frames even with draw distances set to low so i'm just gonna have to try my hand at GoH and hope get some thing closer to the Jeogeot Gulf and little further from new main land which eats my frame rate up. don't really mind waiting any how having a house is just a perk to which I honestly feel kinda strange having considering been homeless on SL since first joined back in 05

but thank you all for answering my question I found the information on Linden Home page to be little confusing.

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Storm, that's an awful frame rate.  Would you try something?  Make a simple platform and move it up to just over 1000m, then go check out your fps there.  You may find that using a skybox as your pied a...air provides acceptable performance.  And if you can determine that one person is doing something that's impacting the performance, they can be reported for being a resource hog.

Since we are talking a Linden Home parcel here, any skybox must be at 2000m or above.  If you rez a platform at 1000m for a brief test, make sure you do not leave it at there. 

• Like 1

going up 2k for a skybox home defeats whole reason wanted a Linden home in first place also find them too be a really ugly sight all them darting the sky like that also as of this update got another house boat but oddly anuff its the one I abandoned lol what odd luck xD

also another reason was hoping to try get adifferent spot cause there are lot of prim baby's things that are crying almost non stop and it is beyond annoying to hear crying all round me I dont want move into a sky box cause want water access so I can sail to the Gulf where I work

Edited by StormSpirit Gearbox

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1326 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.