Seeking non sexual roleplay.

Mothera

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi I am trying to find some good fun role play

But as I look around and ask diff people it seems alot of it involves sexual content

As I am happily married it is not a thing I am looking for.

would like to hear if any of you all know good groups so that I could start meeting people and have fun.

ty for taking time to read this and ty in adv for any replies...

Mo.

There are many RP regions in SL that are not focused on sexual play.  Are you interested in a particular historical period or  fantasy genre? Ancient civilizations? The wild west? Steampunk? Science fiction? If you narrow down your focus, I think we can provide better suggestions.

With the exception of the old True Blood sim (which was good), I've avoided the vampire RP myself. (I dislike intensely the whole Bloodlines pyramid scheme.)

New Dephi is an interesting Sci-fi sim, but it's probably going to be gone by the end of the month as the owners can't afford to keep it.  Set atop the ruins of old New York & host to a rift in time & space, it has groups for vampires, lycans, nekos, demons, criminals & secretive mega corporations.

New Barataria is a small but friendly Steampunk sim set on a caribbean island that I recommend. I have a small shop & RP a little there.

I like the Minoan Empire in the ancient world sims. It's one that does not do combat RP.  Even those that have combat play, don't require everyone to participate in that aspect, though.

If you have any interest in the old west, be sure to check out Deadwood. Good attention to realism & frequent events.

(Edit to add)

Oh, I almost forgot 1920's Berlin & Coure de Provence. Those are good places to check out too.

ty for the reply Persephone. will checkout Minoan Empire tonight. 

New Dephi did sound interesting as im atm is a neko lol hope to lesat be able to explorer it once if it is going to be gone.

Don't know much about steampunk but might be asubject I would explorer and read up on is here to learn :)

did enjoy deadwood the tvshow so might have to take a peak there.

so alot of the vampire rp is about spending l$? dont got a fortune to spend .

Not all vampire RP sims are about lindens, guns, and pyramid schemes.

There is one that caught my eye in these forums: Carpathian Legacy, based on a romance novel series.

Very intense RP and story-driven.

Last night, visited Coeur de Provence for a little while, I *love* the costumes (does take lindens to look good), did partake some of the Court yet.

Wulin is a martial arts sim, but it was really dead when I went there last night.

Planning on visiting New Baratania and 1920's Berlin Project tonight, the costumes do look great.

I'm in the same boat with all of you. Though I don't even understand how to locate these places. When I search them, they never pop up. I'm really wanting to do some real roleplay but am having the hardest time finding anything.

Finding good, active RP sims seem to mostly be done by accident or word of mouth. Using the Showcase link above can help provide choices of placs to checkout, but individual style & sim activity will determine what places are best for you.

I suggest checking out new Delphi before it's gone as an example of a fun RP sim. I don't RP there myself, but they send out group notices of spontaeous RP storylines that are pretty entertaining.  One was about zombies coming to life in the hospital just as the electricity was cut off.

If you are looking for none sexual rp in SL then maybe you want to join the X-Fighter's we are The necromonger race and move around alot from planet to planet/sim to sim, and wehave alot of fun we come to any sim that we can but we cant go to all the places because of lack of people so for no sex rp come and see us!!We have everything from poltics to just necromonger citizens.

• 3 weeks later...

You can do an in-world search for "roleplay" and that will bring up a lot of diverse types of rp sims from which to choose.

If you happen to be interested in the late 19th century western USA, here are a few suggestions for you:  Tombstone, Road to Deadwood, or Amiville Colorado. You can search inworld under any of those three names and you'll find the SLURL to get you there. All three of these are non-sexual sims, and the players have a great time interacting with one another through clever stories, day-to-day life situation, and whatever your imagination can dream up.

I play regularly in Tombstone, so feel free to look me up there.

Good luck!

Sexual play is consentual, so even if you are in an Adult sim, you have a choice to not partake in that aspect.

I have been in several RP sims lately, a couple are Adult but I do not indulge in the sexual aspect in any of my frequented sims:

1. nerdy girl at Hillcrest College

2. spoiled Roman noblewoman in Capua, Blood and Sand

3. assassin for hire in Insilico

4. recent widow, looking to make her place by herself in Tombstone

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi, we are looking for fun & dedicated people who want to join our ancient Macedonian community. We are looking for good RP suggestions & people to fill such positions as: Tavern Keeper, Army warriors, Prison guards, Dancers, Priestesses, Party coordinator, Theater crew, etc...

And we are developing a new group, Greek Hetaeras:In ancient Greece, hetaeras were courtesans, that is to say, highly educated, sophisticated companions.

Please contact me inworld, Jeanie Feiri (High Priestess), or King Nikon Solo, for more information. 

• 4 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4056 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.