Best-practice for demos: how do I correct a flagged listing?

Clorophill

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I haven't been actively maintaining my marketplace store in quite some time, but it's been chugging along without me and I'd like to at least keep things up.

One of my demo listings has been flagged and unlisted with the reason "Spam or Disallowed Listing Practices - Demo not linked to Full Version". Fair enough - I can find that in the disallowed actions set of the marketplace guidelines. What I can't find is a definition of linking a demo to a full-version product. There's an option to link a non-demo item to a demo item in the listing edit options, but there's nothing I can find to designate a listing specifically as a demo. (The demo listing is still marked as the demo items for the two color packs of the item in question, and shows up there, but obviously as it's been unlisted it just redirects to the Marketplace front page.)

How do I correct this issue so I can re-list the demo, and prevent this issue from reoccurring in the future? Am I missing something obvious? The listing was created probably 5-6 years ago at this point, so it's certainly possible the policy has shifted for demo items and I just haven't kept up with it. I'd appreciate any help!

the act of linking an item to another as a demo is what designates the item as a demo, and as per the listing guidelines demo's must be linked to a main item. A Demo can not be a standalone listing.

in each item listing there is this field for adding the demo item 

image.png.6d0ec6da06c71792a854fb5009da184a.png so create demo item listing, then create main item listings, and add the demo into that field for all related main items.

Edited by HunniHope
added a piccie

Thank you for the information, HunniHope!

Weird: on further review, this demo is the only one I have in my marketplace listings for this item, but it's a different SKU from the demo linked by the full versions of the product.  I'm not sure how I managed that, but it would've been something I did in about 2014, so it's lost to the mists of time. I've corrected this and relisted the demo and everything appears to be correctly linked now, so this should be resolved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.