AmberWildcool

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Marianne Little

Thank you so much i found all your advice more than helpful and you even answered some questions in advance for me ~ finally after 5 days i have managed to get body and head together ~ i had major glitches with tattoos but working through that.

Perhaps off the cuff you may know the answer to this ~ on new body there is a section to add shine or wet look etc ~ 3 options ~ its a drop down menu & when i click them they do not work do i have to click something to activate them ~ in the tutorial on Youtube she just clicked and on went the wet look.

I think this thread may even be helping others which is cool:)

One more problem i am  having but my head is saturated with learning & it would be way easier with a picture ~ so you might see me again & then the  relaunch of Amber i hope ~ thanks to the help here i have learned more in a week than in a year ~ i am so very grateful ~ kindest wishes Amber 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AmberWildcool said:

@Marianne Little

Thank you so much i found all your advice more than helpful and you even answered some questions in advance for me ~ finally after 5 days i have managed to get body and head together ~ i had major glitches with tattoos but working through that.

Perhaps off the cuff you may know the answer to this ~ on new body there is a section to add shine or wet look etc ~ 3 options ~ its a drop down menu & when i click them they do not work do i have to click something to activate them ~ in the tutorial on Youtube she just clicked and on went the wet look.

I think this thread may even be helping others which is cool:)

One more problem i am  having but my head is saturated with learning & it would be way easier with a picture ~ so you might see me again & then the  relaunch of Amber i hope ~ thanks to the help here i have learned more in a week than in a year ~ i am so very grateful ~ kindest wishes Amber 

Do you have advanced lighning on, it is not possible to see this effect (Materials) without that?

• Like 1

Ok I can write a bit more: When you start Second LIfe the first time, the viewer set your graphic settings for you, based upon your hardware.

Firestorm has a small icon down in the bottom of the screen, where you change draw distance and windlight setting. But you do not do any changes to graphic settings there. You must go to the upper line on the screen: choose Avatar -> Preferences -> Graphics.

You must have the slider set over "Mid". I use High or Ultra. The line of boxes under "Shaders" must have all ticked including the "Advanced Lightning Model". This is also a huge performance draw. You will experience lower framerate, you see more grey stuff, it can be lag and hard to move.

Turn off Advanced Lightning Model if you experience this, and only turn it on when you will take pictures. The Draw distance should not be higher than you need. If you are in a skybox, there is no need to have a draw distance higher than 60 - 80 m. Or even shorter for close-up images.

This is what I had when I logged out. I did not use Ambient Occlusion the last box, but I have on "Shadows from Sun/Moon + Projectors".

Try to check these boxes, and see if they make any difference.

I hope this helps. If you do not use Advanced Lighning, it is best to turn off all shine/wetlook. Since you do not see it yourself. Your body can be so shiny that there is a difference in the skin tone, and a big difference between head and body.

Many people add the light in the pack to see the effect on the body better. (1 front, 2 sides, 1 back) It is best to not wear them, unless you are taking pictures.

Glossines and shine show up best on darker skin (Tan and up) and in darker windlight settings.

I am going to bed in RL! So I hope others can help you if you have follow up questions! 🌙

Advanced lighning.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Marianne Little

Wow!

Thank you so much ~ i am lost for words at the time you spent. If i knew it was so much work i would not have asked but i am curious about everything:))

I have never touched those settings as the last time i did that i made yet another mess (smiles).

I have taken a day off Amber as i gave myself an eye infection (i get it from to much concentration) and its sore but am still looking at Tutorials ~ to be honest reading yours i am learning more & will practise when i go on her. As you say it is not much good other than for pictures and my skin is not dark ~ so i would use it seldom ~ i just thought it would be an easy question but i am learning here no question i ask is easy.

I hope you slept well ~ stay safe and again thank you so much so very kind ~ hugs and wishes Amber 

Edited by AmberWildcool

• 3 weeks later...

@Marianne Little

Dear Marianne. 

Your tutorial is amazing & i am so grateful ~ yes it took me this long to find the Glam Affair skin & it is applied & beautiful eyebrows. I still do not understand were the eyebrows are on the updated Hud that still confuses as i am sure you can change the color at least ~ non the less i do not like the thick eyebrows & am doing good.

I have tried transfer to BOM and had to revert back ~ the head went crazy on me & i am not sure if my Hud just glitched as i followed all instructions as best i could:)

I will try it again in a while when i learn more i am watching Youtube and anything i can to learn more. I am hope second go will work:)

I delayed in reply until i could thank you here instead of asking questions without trying to find out myself first ~ i am still looking forward to BOM and will ask can i use the Glam Affair appliers i have now so many of and love on bakes on mesh Lelutka head.

I truly so appreciate you giving me your time at one point i felt so alone & your kindness with others here has got me this far.

Kindest wishes Amber 

Edited by AmberWildcool
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1273 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.