Move many prims

Akiko Manamiko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

You can select all the objects at once and drag them down, but if it has to be that exact distance then that wouldn`t work, it would be ok if close is good enough.

To do it exactly 0.6451, you can select each object and manually deduct that number from the Z coordinate, if the prims are grouped together in large linksets that would obviously be better, to do it for 2782 single prims it would take ages.

Another alternative would be to write a script to change the Z coordinate by 0.6451 and then die. You can then just go around dragging that script into the contents of everything. This of course will only work on moddable objects.

DUE TO SOME FORUM CHANGES, PLEASE USE "OPTIONS > EDIT" ON YOUR POST TO ADD FURTHER REPLIES

2 answers to this question

You can select all the objects at once and drag them down, but if it has to be that exact distance then that wouldn`t work, it would be ok if close is good enough.

To do it exactly 0.6451, you can select each object and manually deduct that number from the Z coordinate, if the prims are grouped together in large linksets that would obviously be better, to do it for 2782 single prims it would take ages.

Another alternative would be to write a script to change the Z coordinate by 0.6451 and then die. You can then just go around dragging that script into the contents of everything. This of course will only work on moddable objects.

DUE TO SOME FORUM CHANGES, PLEASE USE "OPTIONS > EDIT" ON YOUR POST TO ADD FURTHER REPLIES

Ok, :-) I can imagine why but it's a big task.

When you try to select that many prims SL is going to take a while to think about it, plus all the usual lag, ping, internet delays, packet loss, etc. So the first thing to do after you've selected them is - go and get more coffee.  When you come back make sure SL still thinks it's got the same number of prims selected.

Then you have the problem of HOW to move them 0.6451m exactly ^^.  I can't think of any easy answer to that at all.

So - I am assuming you've shifted the land down or some ground/foundation item.  The best thing I can advise is to raise it again, link the 2000-odd other prims into a smaller number of objects, select all those objects with the ground/foundation last and finally move it all down (again).

Tough call.  Good luck - and thank you for the question, I was getting very frustrated with the pointlessness of most of the others

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.