Catwalk Divas: Classic skins meet mesh bodies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My passion is to build avatars with BOM and then I picture them. Megan for example. :)  I love BOM because it makes it possible to change looks in no time in photo shootings. :)

megan3.jpg

meganA.jpg

Edited by Doc Carling
  • Like 5

Hi. :) Interesting posts. Thank you. Well, neither are my pictures raw nor they show my avatar. I just introduce some samples of my work.  I mean the forum title is Art, Music, Photography. Am I at the wrong place?

Edited by Doc Carling

I think the forum location is fine. Plus, there are few HARD rules and those are enforced only by the Lindens. That doesn't mean people won't yell at you and otherwise try to bully you into doing things how they think they should be done. How you handle that is up to you.

I will point out there is less activity here in this section of the forum than in the threads Gage pointed out. I suggest you look through the most popular thread on the forum, Look Today. Get a sense of how we use it. You will see some spats here and there. In general it is a positive and supportive group. There are some thin skinned people in the thread, a few whines, and some poor me's. Still, mostly up beat.

You'll notice some people post the same image in each of the threads. Unless there is some reason for that I don't like it. Some of us post similar images across the set of threads but avoid duplicates. 

Most of us post a single image at a time. Some consistently post 3 or 4 per post. I don't really care. I do prefer images in a post be less similar or they tell a story. 

These are my personal preferences. I think they are preferences somewhat held by those posting there. You'll have to decide. Conformance is optional. Diversity used to be a good thing...

Hi, thanks for your helpful reply. :) Well, I'm not not new in the forum business. I know it can be a mine field. Actually I don't want to gain reputation or popularity. I got enough of both. :P I like to show my pictures and to take a look at other SL photographers work. Feedback is very welcome. I wonder, if there are more photographer which use self-built avatars as models. Why I don't photograph SL residents? I do also. But since BOM it is just so easy to build unique characters.

You mentioned hard rules. Any examples? I guess nudity is a no go?

Edited by Doc Carling

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, RowanMinx said:

So build some men.

I considered that. But while even older classic female skins look often good on mesh bodies older male skins look like...older male skins. And to buy skins of the new generation. well, the prices. Would be an expensive hobby. Too expensive for me.

56 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

Some might wonder why I appearently didn't photograph guys. Well, believe me I tried hard to find male models. The answers I got where "oh, yes, but later". Or "at the moment I don't have time. We stay in touch." And so on. The few which applied did it in hope for free sex with my female models. Anyway, same with this thread. When I count correctly, except mine there is no single reply of a male. Amazing.

13 minutes ago, Doc Carling said:

I considered that. But while even older classic female skins look often good on mesh bodies older male skins look like...older male skins. And to buy skins of the new generation. well, the prices. Would be an expensive hobby. Too expensive for me.

Well, you did say most of the female heads are not mesh so that would be the same for men and women.  

I think I'll just go back to ignoring you and your threads as I don't have a shovel that's nearly big enough.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.