Project: Regalia body tattoo help

Indariel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im switching to the Regalia body and wanted to remake my favorite tattoos for it (both text that runs from hip to hip), but looking at the map for the body it looks like it is only half the body to me, so Im sort of at a loss as to what to do. Has anyone else made one for the Regalia, or would have any tips to help me figure it out?

As you can probably tell, I'm a total beginner to this, so please be gentle :)

regalia UV map.png

16 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Is BOM available, if so this may offer an easier solution.

Regalia supports BOM, but you won't escape that UV map.

@Indariel I recall the decision to this half-side layout being "fewer textures, higher resolution." (The Kemono body did the same thing.) I also believe Regalia has an option to apply the texture on either the left or the right side, but I don't own the body myself. If you're making a one-sided tattoo (and only the tattoo, not a skin), just do it normally. If you need a tattoo that covers both sides, it'll be harder because you'll essentially have to create the two halves separately, then let the user apply them on each half.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/o-Bakes-on-Mesh-Regalia-BoMR-Applier/18397648

this is the BOM relay for regalia for reference

you'd have to make the two sides separately (i.e. with one half of the text on one and one half on the other) then combine them by designating each on a separate half of the body - the top and bottom halves of the skin designation for BOMR are for left and right

if you need help aligning your tattoo you can shoot me an im inworld (or a notecard if i'm offline) and i can try aligning it to your skin as a tattoo layer

Edited by asteriddle
typo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, asteriddle said:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/o-Bakes-on-Mesh-Regalia-BoMR-Applier/18397648

this is the BOM relay for regalia for reference

you'd have to make the two sides separately (i.e. with one half of the text on one and one half on the other) then combine them by designating each on a separate half of the body - the top and bottom halves of the skin designation for BOMR are for left and right

if you need help aligning your tattoo you can shoot me an im inworld (or a notecard if i'm offline) and i can try aligning it to your skin as a tattoo layer

Thanks...that's what I figured I would have to do, but I wasn't completely sure if it mattered if the body part was flipped or if I would need to mirror the other half of the text. so I was backwards. Id planned on just making it BOM, since that way I wouldn't have to mess with making an applier for it.

• 1 year later...
22 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

You don't. Regalia cannot use LL UV layouts. You must use the template shown in the first post.

soo if i wanted the use the same skin and etc from a  Regalia  and make it for LL UV there is no way to i mean there has to be a way and vise versa ??? i dont know b/c when i think of it or see it my mind goes blank and etc and i dont understand it i just want to learn how to make mod skins

50 minutes ago, SLIM Barrowstone said:

soo if i wanted the use the same skin and etc from a  Regalia  and make it for LL UV there is no way to i mean there has to be a way and vise versa ???

You understood correctly. There's no way to make a texture mod for Regalia that also works on LL UV bodies like Maitreya, Legacy, Belleza, etc. And texture mods made for those bodies will not work for Regalia. You would have to make a completely different set of textures.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.