Posting Pics with Other People Recognizable

Bagnu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Is it allowed to post pics of ourselves with others if they aren't aware of it? Or on Flickr? I know it's irrelevant if they aren't recognizable.

LL cannot say anything about what you post on Flickr.

As to what you post here or in SL, the "photo" policy in SL is that you can take whatever photos you want - of whatever you want and whomever you want, unless the About Land of a parcel says differently.

Link to the rules:  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Snapshot_and_machinima_policy

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

LL allows us to post any pics of anyone anywhere, but what of the other SL person in the pic doesn't like it because they are in a compromising position with me?  This could cause RL issues for some.

Edited by Bagnu

Because of the artistic aspect. If I knew it would hurt someone, I would never post it. I'm not asking a moral question. It's about pure erotic photography, and on Flickr, not here. No SL friend or family member would be hurt by the images I'm talking about.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Because of the artistic aspect. If I knew it would hurt someone, I would never post it. I'm not asking a moral question. It's about pure erotic photography, and on Flickr, not here. No SL friend or family member would be hurt by the images I'm talking about.

Ask them. Simple as that. "I'm into erotic Second Life photography and I have a publicly accessible Flickr account. Do you mind if I take photos of us together and post them there?"

Offer to show them any images that they agree to let you take. Some kinds of erotic photography - exposed genitalia, penetration, etc - can be considered more intrusive and personal than others. Some people might be fine with that, while others might be horrified, so be upfront about exactly what the photos will show.

ALWAYS ask them.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6

45 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I think you've answered your own question. If you knew it would hurt someone, you said you wouldn't post.  No sl friend or family would be hurt by the image.  What exactly IS the question then?  And how would a picture of someone bumping uglies with you compromise their RL.  Are you sure you aren't trolling for views and likes on your new flickr account?

Or is that link in your next post?

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

LL allows us to post any pics of anyone anywhere, but what of the other SL person in the pic doesn't like it because they are in a compromising position with me?  This could cause RL issues for some.

When in doubt, just ask the other person before posting. It may not be against any rules to post but it could avoid a whole lot of drama.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

Only for those that give out RL info --- and they should know that they are ALWAYS taking a chance with everything when they do that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

... because they are in a compromising position with me?  This could cause RL issues for some.

What the... are you linking their home address on Google maps and share their personal data in the pic description or what mental turns do I need to take to come to such a conclusion?

Besides the pretty obvious "ask them", which Skell explained so nicely, easy common sense: don't show name tage in the pics, which looks plain ugly anyway on pixelbumping stuff, don't tag any account.

Perhaps in general: more thoughts on the basics and less on rather unlikely complications which may never ever happen.

• Like 7

Ya take pitchers of ME, and ya'd better be darn sure they're recognizable.  In fact, ya gotta include a title, with my name in large, easily read type, along with a descriptive title like, oh, I dunno...

• The Famous Lindal Kidd
  • The Incomparably Stunning Lindal Kidd
  • The Highly Intelligent, Beautiful, Glorious, yet Kind and Humble Lindal Kidd

Just call my publicist if ya need more ideers.

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

44 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

What the... are you linking their home address on Google maps and share their personal data in the pic description or what mental turns do I need to take to come to such a conclusion?

No, a guy is partnered with his RL wife in SL, behind her back he spends time with Pearl. Pearl posts a picture to Flickr, Wifey sees it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

No, a guy is partnered with his RL wife in SL, behind her back he spends time with Pearl. Pearl posts a picture to Flickr, Wifey sees it.

Guy is a moron.  Deserves what he gets, IMHO.  I'm still not seeing the dilemma. 

2 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Not quite sure why you would want to?

This is the real question.  Artistic aspect?  I don't think so.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AdminGirl said:

When in doubt, just ask the other person before posting. It may not be against any rules to post but it could avoid a whole lot of drama.

I agree with this.  I think you are walking into a potential mine field, Bagnu.  AVOID.  AVOID.  AVOID.

Get consenting photography partners only for intimate photo shoots as you are asking about; otherwise, avoid because I'm sure you can find consenting photo partners.  If not, be patient until you do.  

I know what my niece went through from a boyfriends ex-girlfriend in real life.  Jealousy can cause serious problems.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

Simple solution. ask first before taking the picture and then ask again before posting it anywhere in question.

This is more a personal ethical and moral issue then anything else. Ultimately they cant do much about it other then give you a bad name in world for disrespecting their values and standards or wishes and then maybe blocking you from ever talking to them again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Also, isn't one of the major aspects of being a good sex worker, discretion?  I'm not sure how much business you would get if the men thought you'd be posting/telling about the encounters.  Save the erotic pics for friends and not Johns.

• Like 4

Wut? Why is this even a question, other than the bit about whether the land rights allow it? And as I recall there were different rules for still photography vs machinima. It was pretty screwy as I recall.

But what the... if you already know that you won't (although you could) publish a photo of someone if it would cause them problems, if you have some discretion as a sex worker not to out your clientele, if... then... wut?

People post group shots of events all of the time, and I'm sure they don't get permission from everyone. But in general, ask. (Duh?) It's late and I'm not as nice as Skell.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RowanMinx said:

I think you've answered your own question. If you knew it would hurt someone, you said you wouldn't post.  No sl friend or family would be hurt by the image.  What exactly IS the question then?  And how would a picture of someone bumping uglies with you compromise their RL.  Are you sure you aren't trolling for views and likes on your new flickr account?

Or is that link in your next post?

I made my Flickr account for Friends and Family only just in case. Sl Friends and Family

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

ALSO if this is really about "arty" photography then it is fairly easy to take photos where the person couldn't be recognized but still be "there". DOF, glow, blur, special effects,  Chiaroscuro  etc. 

Use your imagination and skills and the  question will be moot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1328 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.