Noob Question O.o

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a noon to Second Life -Noob=New- and I for some reason, can't find anything helpful, to help me change my clothes. I just bought an outfit, and I don't know how to put it on. I can't dress or change my avatar. Can someone please explain how to do this?

Thanks,

-Emilia

Eeep. Still, it's not exactly what I'm looking for. i just bought an outfit. It dosen't even show up on Recent, I can't find it anywhere, in the box/brief case thing, and like... I can't even find it to drop/put it on, you know? Where would I like find my new items?

Do you remember the name of the outfit? Did you log off SL after you bought it? If you stayed online it must be an object in your recent items. If not, try a search by name in all your inventory, especially in "objects".

When you find it, put the box on the ground, click-right on it and choose "copy to my inventory". It will create a folder containing every element of the outfit (shirt, pants, ect). Righ click on each one by one and click "wear".

If you do not have a place to rez the box on the ground, you can go to a "public sandbox" (I cannot remember a name right now but you will find easily with the "search" function of your SL viewer) to put your item on the ground and open it. I hope it helps.:smileyhappy:

@ Peewee:

rolling.gif

I think what you are saying is you paid for the outfit but did not receive the outfit. If that's the case then you need to send an IM to the store owner explaining this and hopefully they'll be decent enough to send you the item after they have verified they received the funds from you. Sorry I can't be any better help then this. Better and more in-person help can be found at the NCI locations, use search to find the teleport locations.

If this is the case, Knutz is correct. You have to send a notecard to the merchant with the details of your purchase (date and number). You can find this information in you transaction history, either on you dashboard if you purchased inworld or in your marketplace transaction history if you bought it on the MP. You should have no problem to receive a new copy of your item.

New People!

Welcome to second Life.  There is one thing Linden Lab (the owners) didn't tell you - this is a virtual world.

When you go into another world things aren't always the same as the world you left behind

So you might find it helpful to learn how to dress yourself before buying new clothes.  You might find it useful to understand land before you get a home.  You might find it saves an awful lot of frustration if you find out what you can do here, and how, before you decide what you want to do.

Yes - you can do almost anything in SL.  No - you won't be able to do it without knowing the basics of how SL works.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.