Catwa Head - Help closing one eye

MidgeHiker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all

I'm a real noob to catwa, got my avi looking just right for the RP sim I’m on... but she should be missing one eye. Is there a way to permanently close one eye? I've been playing with the settings and getting nowhere... any advice on how I could achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

7 answers to this question

22 hours ago, MidgeHiker said:

Hi all

I'm a real noob to catwa, got my avi looking just right for the RP sim I’m on... but she should be missing one eye. Is there a way to permanently close one eye? I've been playing with the settings and getting nowhere... any advice on how I could achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

If you are using unrigged eyes, you could just use one instead of both and maybe add a scar tattoo over the eyelid.

• Like 1

Catwa CSR here :)

Technically, it's not possible to keep one eye permanently closed (with the eyelid itself in the 'shut' position) with the HUD included with your Bento head. While you could pause the 'wink' expression that's on the included Animation HUD, that would leave the rest of your face frozen in the whole animation (although it's worth a try; I've not checked every single one of the animations in every possible frozen position!)

Some options you can consider:

• Buying the Catwa Animation Add-on Pack D for female heads. This includes a wink animation for Catwa Bento heads. Note that this only closes the LEFT eye, so hopefully that's the one that's missing! You can use the installer as a standalone HUD to play the animation. Once it's playing, click the pause button on the HUD and the animation will pause with the left eye shut. I just ran a quick check, and as long as you have no other animations playing (Catwa Full Face AO or any other Bento AO with face option) then your eye will be closed and the rest of your face will not animate
  • Commissioning an animator to create an animation that will close just one eye (in the event that it's your right eye that you want to be closed). You might also be able to achieve this yourself with open source animations tools. Try putting a request in the Wanted section of the forum
  • Wearing unrigged eyes that come in left and right options and only wearing the one that you want to show. What the empty socket of the other eye will look like depends on what your skin creator has done with that part of the texture
  • Searching for mesh eyelids that you can modify. I know that L'Etre has a set and I'm fairly certain they're modifiable, so you could position one of them correctly and edit the other one somewhere inside your head. However, for this you would need to hide your eyelashes otherwise they'll poke through the mesh eyelid. You can hide them on the 2nd tab (Hide/Show) of your Catwa Master HUD
  • Wearing two eyes and texturing one normally with the other being a 'blind' eye that's damaged but not completely missing. You will need appliers that go on separate eyes for this (or you can buy the Catwa Eyes & Tears product, or any other third party mesh eyes that allow you to route textures to each eye separately). The one that I use for a roleplay character I have is this Blind Eye applier by Bus. As an added bonus it comes with separate mesh options, so if you find a separate mesh 'good eye' then you can combine the two. Just use your head's included rigged eyes as a guide to help you position them (you can remove the rigged eyes afterwards). Here's a video showing how to do that

This is what that 'blind' eye looks like on my roleplay character, together with his 'good' eye:

48115917511_95eb28e4a1_c.jpg

Depending on what backstory you have for your character, you could also add a scar across the eye to indicate that it was damaged in the past.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Catwa CSR here :)

Technically, it's not possible to keep one eye permanently closed (with the eyelid itself in the 'shut' position) with the HUD included with your Bento head. While you could pause the 'wink' expression that's on the included Animation HUD, that would leave the rest of your face frozen in the whole animation (although it's worth a try; I've not checked every single one of the animations in every possible frozen position!)

Some options you can consider:

• Buying the Catwa Animation Add-on Pack D for female heads. This includes a wink animation for Catwa Bento heads. Note that this only closes the LEFT eye, so hopefully that's the one that's missing! You can use the installer as a standalone HUD to play the animation. Once it's playing, click the pause button on the HUD and the animation will pause with the left eye shut. I just ran a quick check, and as long as you have no other animations playing (Catwa Full Face AO or any other Bento AO with face option) then your eye will be closed and the rest of your face will not animate
  • Commissioning an animator to create an animation that will close just one eye (in the event that it's your right eye that you want to be closed). You might also be able to achieve this yourself with open source animations tools. Try putting a request in the Wanted section of the forum
  • Wearing unrigged eyes that come in left and right options and only wearing the one that you want to show. What the empty socket of the other eye will look like depends on what your skin creator has done with that part of the texture
  • Searching for mesh eyelids that you can modify. I know that L'Etre has a set and I'm fairly certain they're modifiable, so you could position one of them correctly and edit the other one somewhere inside your head. However, for this you would need to hide your eyelashes otherwise they'll poke through the mesh eyelid. You can hide them on the 2nd tab (Hide/Show) of your Catwa Master HUD
  • Wearing two eyes and texturing one normally with the other being a 'blind' eye that's damaged but not completely missing. You will need appliers that go on separate eyes for this (or you can buy the Catwa Eyes & Tears product, or any other third party mesh eyes that allow you to route textures to each eye separately). The one that I use for a roleplay character I have is this Blind Eye applier by Bus. As an added bonus it comes with separate mesh options, so if you find a separate mesh 'good eye' then you can combine the two. Just use your head's included rigged eyes as a guide to help you position them (you can remove the rigged eyes afterwards). Here's a video showing how to do that

This is what that 'blind' eye looks like on my roleplay character, together with his 'good' eye:

48115917511_95eb28e4a1_c.jpg

Depending on what backstory you have for your character, you could also add a scar across the eye to indicate that it was damaged in the past.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. Absolutly fantastic. I shall follow your advice as that would work perfectly. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1333 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.