Jump to content

Experiences with Maitreya Lara Petite Chest Add-On?


Subsonic Oh
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Asking for my wife...

She thinks about getting that new Petite Chest Add-On for her Maitreya Lara body.

-> Afaik tops made for the normal Lara body won't fit when you wear the add-on!?

-> Might Lara V-Tech clothes fit? Anyone already made experiences on that?

We only found 2 designers with a few (very few) Lara Petite stuff in their shelves yet... ("Erratic" and "Pink Cream Pie" // "NY Tattoo & Fashion" offers too few to mention)

-> Any good shop recommendations or recommendations in general?

Edited by Subsonic Oh
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I mean...it just came out what, a month and a half ago? They had a fair for it called "Itty Bitty..." I can't write the whole name because it'll be censored. Not sure if its still going on. It's Maitreya, it'll be supported and its 599, the last couple fairs I went to it had support. I don't think V-tech is going to work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's still very new, the number of brands supporting it is growing established brands are adding it to their new releases. Since it's not something I will be investing in I can't remember which are offering it but I have bought things from recent weekend sales that have included petite. You could try any pre-existing Maitreya wardrobe you have you might find things that already work well with petite. Make sure your partner is using the latest v5.2 body and set the foot size to 25 to wear existing shoes the feet are now dynamic so will change size with the foot slider

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I switched Debi over to the Maitreya Petite at release. I absolutely love it! I am staggered by the numbers of creators already releasing petite sizes. So, there is a rather nice list of creators who are already supporting it. V-tech sizes will not fit the petite. Regular Maitreya sizes will not fit the Petite Chest. Oh, also worth noting, many brands are updating their packages so I've actually gotten quite a few updated packages for free. That's always great.

There is a flickr group dedicated specifically to the size as well as at least one group I know. If your wife would like to contact me in-world I'd be happy to share the flickr link and the info about the in-world group. Just tell her to drop Debi Baskerville a message with the request.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Janet Voxel said:

I mean...it just came out what, a month and a half ago? They had a fair for it called "Itty Bitty..." I can't write the whole name because it'll be censored. Not sure if its still going on. It's Maitreya, it'll be supported and its 599, the last couple fairs I went to it had support. I don't think V-tech is going to work.

That fair is open till the 28th if I remember correctly. So theirs still some time to check it out.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MiakisTheUsagi said:

That fair is open till the 28th if I remember correctly. So theirs still some time to check it out.

Pretty sure it closed this past weekend; however, good news, it's going to be a monthly event. The next round starts September 9th.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

...There is a flickr group dedicated specifically to the size as well as at least one group I know. If your wife would like to contact me in-world I'd be happy to share the flickr link and the info about the in-world group. Just tell her to drop Debi Baskerville a message with the request.

We gonna be online in 2 hours circa, gonna tell her :) Thanks a lot Blush!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MiakisTheUsagi said:

That fair is open till the 28th if I remember correctly. So theirs still some time to check it out.

Oh sounds good! Could you send a LM to Battlecat Oh if you got one? Otherwise I think she will find the information in the Maitreya main store then...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately Itty Bitty closed a couple of days ago, but I do recommend checking out the gallery on the Seraphim site (under Fairs) and then you can get an idea of some of the stores who are embracing the petite option and then you can look for them instore or at future events.  Itty Bitty is going to be a monthly event, so look for it again in Sept.

As a petite convert, some stores I recommend who have also embraced it...

Fleur, Erratic, Ricielli, Violent Seduction, Dead Doll, Masoom, Salt & Pepper, Addams, Blueberry, Tetra (check out their Collabor88 release!), Adorsy.

Be sure to check the vendor posters and demo to ensure that there is a petite option as it is a new thing just starting out and older releases may not be updated with it yet.

 

Edit - dropped Battlecat a NC with some links.  Hope it helps!

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I quite like the Petite add-on -- it's relatively inexpensive, nicely made, and it will be well supported, eventually.

But I don't love it. One of the reasons is completely subjective: the shape of the breasts are good, but they aren't the shape I'd prefer. Related to that is that some (not all) of the clothing being rigged for it follows that shape too closely -- like the top was spray painted on. Boobs under sweaters just don't look like that -- it's not realistic.

I have two more legitimate beefs with it, which hopefully will be fixed.

1) When you first wear an outfit using the Petite Add-on, the Add-on is, 90% of the time in my experience, not properly "added" at first. You have to detach and reattach it to get it functioning properly. Until you do, you have massive boobs, because the clothing is reading your shape as though you were wearing just the Lara.

2) They haven't updated the BoM Add-on HUD -- the one that smooths out your cleavage, nipples, crotch, bellybutton, etc. for applier or BoM layers. That means if you're wearing an applier tee shirt, for instance, and want to smooth out cleavage realistically, you can't when wearing Petite. If you try, your boob size and shape reverts back to Lara. Maitreya needs to produce a BoM add-on HUD specifically for Petite.

Overall, it's a pretty nice, and reasonably priced thing though. I'm not sorry I got it. And I have hopes they'll fix those two problems, and that the clothing made for it (which at the moment is mostly swimsuits, lingerie and undies, or crop tops) gets better.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Subsonic Oh said:

Asking for my wife...

She thinks about getting that new Petite Chest Add-On for her Maitreya Lara body.

-> Afaik tops made for the normal Lara body won't fit when you wear the add-on!?

-> Might Lara V-Tech clothes fit? Anyone already made experiences on that?

We only found 2 designers with a few (very few) Lara Petite stuff in their shelves yet... ("Erratic" and "Pink Cream Pie" // "NY Tattoo & Fashion" offers too few to mention)

-> Any good shop recommendations or recommendations in general?

Check here..

https://www.flickr.com/groups/14763251@N22/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

Your wife can pick up some toilet paper stuffing in the meantime while waiting for more petite sizes to come out.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/PCP-Toilet-Paper-Stuffing-White/19936479

 

Awesome, she hates me now hahahahaha

Thanks a lot guys in the name of my wifey, for all the landmarks, the petites group and all that! ♥

What I can say so far, she's slowly running out of money 😅 and she's pretty with her new boobies 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(...)I have two more legitimate beefs with it, which hopefully will be fixed.

1) When you first wear an outfit using the Petite Add-on, the Add-on is, 90% of the time in my experience, not properly "added" at first. You have to detach and reattach it to get it functioning properly. Until you do, you have massive boobs, because the clothing is reading your shape as though you were wearing just the Lara.

2) They haven't updated the BoM Add-on HUD -- the one that smooths out your cleavage, nipples, crotch, bellybutton, etc. for applier or BoM layers. That means if you're wearing an applier tee shirt, for instance, and want to smooth out cleavage realistically, you can't when wearing Petite. If you try, your boob size and shape reverts back to Lara. Maitreya needs to produce a BoM add-on HUD specifically for Petite. (...)

Well, for now everything works perfectly for her. Maybe you still use the standard Lara HUD, not the Lara Petite HUD? There's also a BoM button under the 'skins' tab.

At Izzies she just bought a texture BoM mod which removes the 'hard shadow lines' around her breasts. BoM works perfectly, also when she attaches petite shirts, her boobies stay petite.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got "paged" to answer this 😁

@Subsonic Oh I've been using Petite since almost the day it was released, and I LOVE it.  There is already quite a bit of stuff available (though not much in the way of gifts/dollarbies/freebies yet), and many creators are picking up on it quickly so it won't be long before there's plenty of choice.

V-Tech clothing will not fit, however, clothing made for Maitreya "Simple Stuff" clothing does fit (subject to some breast slider adjustment and/or alpha out the nipples) - Simple Stuff is a very obscure add-on that resembles Petite in shape. Not many creators ever made content for Simple Stuff but one notable store that does is Two-Sided - they have a bunch of group gifts available and I've had good success with most of them.  Some regular Maitreya stuff does work, again with some slider adjustment to bring clothing closer in to the chest. Often though, regular Maitreya clothing "breaks" and sticks out in the middle.  In general, I tend to leave the petite mod off when I'm wearing something big or baggy that wouldn't show the shape of the breasts anyway.

I would recommend that your wife joins the "Maitreya Petite Friends" group inworld, lots of creators are announcing new releases there (way more than I've been able to keep up with).

Not relevant for you but still related, in case anyone else needs to know;  I have discovered that Maitreya Petite clothing fits the Lucybody Vania body, which makes Vania a viable alternative to Maitreya Petite for someone on a tighter budget. Caveat on this though; the breasts on Vania are VERY small (equivalent to Maitreya Petite on breast size 0)

Any reponses/questions please IM me inworld, I probably won't see a reply here.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Subsonic Oh said:

Maybe you still use the standard Lara HUD, not the Lara Petite HUD? There's also a BoM button under the 'skins' tab.

I seem to have a difficult time expressing what I mean when I talk about this.

The HUD that I'm speaking about isn't the "main" HUD, but rather the "Maitreya Mesh Body - BoM Add-On Parts HUD 5.2" which comes with the Lara body. It looks like this:

688578381_LaraAdd-OnHUDBlank.thumb.JPG.1d8888ac894ed555109f01104bbf29f0.JPG

It's the HUD that adds new mesh bits to the body to, for instance, "smooth" nipples, or stretch tee shirts across the cleavage, so it doesn't look as they are painted on (as they do in old system bodies and system clothing.) You'll notice in this pic, where I'm wearing the Petite, the shading on the tee mimics the appearance the cloth stretching across the breasts, but the body itself doesn't. You'll also notice the pointy nipples: the BoM tee is simply applied straight to the body, as though sprayed on.

The Petite Add-On doesn't come with a new version of his HUD: you have to use the one supplied for Lara without Petite. And if you do use it when wearing Petite, it essentially resized your breasts as though you weren't wearing the Petite -- because it's not made for the Petite.

No one else seems much bothered by this -- maybe they don't wear BoM layer tops with Petite. Or maybe there's something I don't know about, like an update that includes a new version of the "Add-On Parts" HUD that is made specifically for Petite.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok. Update for anyone who might care.

I finally got around to asking in the Maitreya group if there was a BoM add-on pieces HUD for Petite. According to the CRS (who was very nice), there is not. The consensus in the group seemed to be that, if you have smaller breasts, you don't need one -- because your tees and tops just cling to your torso, I guess?

I beg to differ, but there you are. Maybe one will be produced for Petite eventually. In the meantime, it's still a good add-on. I just won't be wearing BoM layer or applier tops with it.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I use it and I love it but that's just my opinion.

Keep in mind, when you use it, you have to wear the clothes rigged for it specifically. Stuff rigged for maitreya will be too big. And always demo. Some items will state that they're rigged for petite but when you try them it's not a good fit.

The number of creators making stuff for it is growing. I'm seeing more and more creators rigging for petite at the events I've been attending. You can use these flickr pages to find clothes being released for it, as well as, as people have said before, joining the maitreya petite friends group inworld (they have group posts whenever a new item for petite comes out). 

Here's an extensive list of known stores that have started making stuff for it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bgrCOOxUElCujP5qJzk6zR1IB0KfyFZ4Hlg7Xup7FSs/edit#gid=224622845

The itty bitty comittee has closed but petite friends have an event going on with a shopping area (which also has some gifts).

And last but not least, if your wife wants to make her petite add on look perfect, definitely try Izzie's add on. It's an absolute lifesaver.

Edited by SassySam87
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Subsonic Oh said:

Asking for my wife...

She thinks about getting that new Petite Chest Add-On for her Maitreya Lara body.

-> Afaik tops made for the normal Lara body won't fit when you wear the add-on!?

-> Might Lara V-Tech clothes fit? Anyone already made experiences on that?

We only found 2 designers with a few (very few) Lara Petite stuff in their shelves yet... ("Erratic" and "Pink Cream Pie" // "NY Tattoo & Fashion" offers too few to mention)

-> Any good shop recommendations or recommendations in general?

If you do a search on MP for Maitreya Petite, it comes out with over 500 items. There are a ton of stores that are rigging for the petite. Addams and Blueberry and also Just Because. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

...

Edit - dropped Battlecat a NC with some links.  Hope it helps!

Oh yes you did 😅 ...and I haven't seen her for many hours 😂

She checked out all LMs (beside the events). Feedback: Not really much stuff and often hard to find, except the shops mark them as "new releases", then it's a higher chance to find lara petite stuff easy. But she came back with some nice tops, crop shirts, bikini, hoodie.

 

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I seem to have a difficult time expressing what I mean when I talk about this.

The HUD that I'm speaking about isn't the "main" HUD, but rather the "Maitreya Mesh Body - BoM Add-On Parts HUD 5.2" which comes with the Lara body. It looks like this:

Maybe it's because the HUD isn't created for the petite add-on. She only uses BoM for 'upgrading' her skin, like tattoos, stuff which also in RL would be directly on the skin. For clothes she uses mesh, so she hasn't tried wearing 'texture clothing' as BoM on her new body.

 

6 hours ago, SassySam87 said:

Here's an extensive list of known stores that have started making stuff for it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bgrCOOxUElCujP5qJzk6zR1IB0KfyFZ4Hlg7Xup7FSs/edit#gid=224622845

And last but not least, if your wife wants to make her petite add on look perfect, definitely try Izzie's add on. It's an absolute lifesaver.

Thanks a lot, will send her the link to this google doc. About that Izzie add-on, yesterday she bought a similar one from that shop, called flat breasts, kinda similar. And yes, removing these extreme boob-shadows make them look WAY more realistic!

 

6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I also love it. but be warned since you are asking for your wife. I have actually had the number of guys hitting on me go up since my breasts got smaller.

Can you please say this again with other words, for a stupid foreigner? Guys hitting on you go? What does that mean? They don't like you anymore? I like skinny gals and smaller boobs and I'm rather afraid of giant gazongas 😂

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Annie Nova said:

If you do a search on MP for Maitreya Petite, it comes out with over 500 items. There are a ton of stores that are rigging for the petite. Addams and Blueberry and also Just Because. 

When you search for "maitreya petite" or "lara petite"  it also often shows items for another petite body, I think SLink or so? And also many items who just have the word "petite" hidden somewhere, also when the description clearly says "for maitreya lara only". But they become more and more daily!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Subsonic Oh said:

When you search for "maitreya petite" or "lara petite"  it also often shows items for another petite body, I think SLink or so? And also many items who just have the word "petite" hidden somewhere, also when the description clearly says "for maitreya lara only". But they become more and more daily!

I searched around 200 pages and all of them were for Maitreya Petite

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...