Prim count / LI across two adjacent homesteads

Azrazael Dhara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI, I know this may be a bit noobish but I haven't built across sim borders since 2004. (and yes I know you need to have a full sim to have a homestead).

I have a surf/beach sim and am planning to expand to a second homestead because the waves need more space. Having two homesteads will give me a total of 10k prims. The question is, do these count together as 10k across both sims or are hey separate as 5k per sim? If it is 10k total I have a bit more flexibility than if they are isolated to their own sims.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Azrazael Dhara said:

I have a surf/beach sim and am planning to expand to a second homestead because the waves need more space. Having two homesteads will give me a total of 10k prims. The question is, do these count together as 10k across both sims or are hey separate as 5k per sim?

Each region is separate. You may get a little bit of flexibility by extending linksets across the region border but not much.

• Thanks 1

sorry no.  We can't combine LI across region boundaries

we can tho script our waves to roll from one region to the other.  With our surfers then because surfboard is usually a physical vehicle we can cross the region boundary on our boards. Vehicle region crossing caveats apply. Altho getting dumped off our board on a region crossing, on a well behaved/scripted surfboard is less of a problem than  it used to be due to the recent region crossing fix that Linden have introduced.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1341 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.